Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
lol...I didn't have to wait long. All part of the service.

Aircon - could you share a few thoughts on the 308 vs the 355. I've had a 355 (which I loved till it combusted), a 360 which was love and hate, and a 456 which I love when I see it between it's constant need for garage time.

I could see a 308 in the garage, but have heard few opinions on them from anyone who's had a more recent model...
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Aircon - could you share a few thoughts on the 308 vs the 355. I've had a 355 (which I loved till it combusted), a 360 which was love and hate, and a 456 which I love when I see it between it's constant need for garage time.

I could see a 308 in the garage, but have heard few opinions on them from anyone who's had a more recent model...

328!!   :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hey, we need to do a "Guess the new Uber car thread"!!!!    :tilt:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Hey, we need to do a "Guess the new Uber car thread"!!!!    :tilt:

now that he's learnt the art of baby making

a tarago   :p

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Test drive a 308 and 328. I have the 328 GTS and its like Ash with his Lotus, I never get out of the car not smiling. The 328 is more refined, the 308 carby model sounds great inside the cab. I'd buy a 308 but prefer the more refined 328 and like the looks of the 328 front and interior more, but that's personal taste. Others like the olde look. I have the 348 Hairdresser as well and people ask which is better. The answer is always the car that I'm in at the time, they're both great but for different reasons. The 328 is like a gokart, handles like its on rails and is as much fun to drive. I always call mine the roller skate. As ff said, the 328 is probably the most reliable Ferrari model out there. Maybe buy a Lotus.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

Well, I've owned a couple now. The 308GT4 and a couple of 308GTBs. I also had a 328GTB, which was one of the least inspiring cars I've owned....so compared to what you've had, I don't know if you'd enjoy an injected one for the same reasons I don't.

The carby ones are fun, though. They're a bit temperamental, spit and fart once in a while, sound fantastic with the driver's window open when you can hear the carbies sucking like crazy, cheap as chips to own and maintain (if you get a good one to start with) and fun to drive at reasonable speeds. If you try to drive what in this day and age is considered fast, you'll be disappointed, but if you want something that is just beautiful to look at in the garage, sounds great, is fun to drive without having to do break neck speeds, won't break the bank to run AND should keep its value, I reckon you'd be happy with one.

As a matter of fact, I was made a very good offer on the 308 which put me into a panic, so I sold the 355 instead. The one I enjoyed driving the most was the one I was in at the time, but for completely different reasons....but after having had the 355CH for 14 years, I found it easier to part with than the 308.

Hope that makes sense, because it's all very abstract, which Ferrari ownership is, as you know.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

oopss...sorry...just read the posts after Uber's.

Hope no one's offended with my opinion of the 328. At one time I had the 308GT4, 355CH and 328GTB. The 355 and 328 were here and I drove them a lot, then I thought I'd go pick up the GT4 and take it for a drive, expecting me not to really like it compared to the others.

Suffice to say, after that drive, the 328 was advertised and sold within weeks.

Offline Aircon

Doesn't offend me, I understand why you feel that way. Ive driven a few 308's and 328's. Like I said, I liked the 328 for being more refined but I also love the 328 for the targa top. If it was a hard top Id probably hate it. Its a whole different car with the roof off. It not longer feels cramped, it feels open like you're driving a go-kart. I can understand why you'd find a 328GTB uninspiring. The GTS may flex more than the GTB but I don't really notice it with the roof off. There's a few flex noises on large bumps when its on, but no noises when its off, except you hear the engine and exhaust a whole lot more. As a hard top I don't think it would be the fun car that it is.

Well, that's why we're all different!! LOL

I have access to a very good friend's aussie 328GTS and drive it regularly, and I hate it. The 328GTB was SOOOOOOO much better....but that's for ME....I understand where you're coming from, though.

But for me, the fun factor was better with the carby cars...again...for ME.

I should add that my 308 has had a full restoration, so it's not the typical troublesome car that requires constant work and falls apart. If you were to get an old carby 308, you'd want to make sure it's a good one IMO. (or have the time and patience to wait while you make it a good one)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

oopss...sorry...just read the posts after Uber's.

Hope no one's offended with my opinion of the 328. At one time I had the 308GT4, 355CH and 328GTB. The 355 and 328 were here and I drove them a lot, then I thought I'd go pick up the GT4 and take it for a drive, expecting me not to really like it compared to the others.

Suffice to say, after that drive, the 328 was advertised and sold within weeks.

Doesn't offend me, I understand why you feel that way. Ive driven a few 308's and 328's. Like I said, I liked the 328 for being more refined but I also love the 328 for the targa top. If it was a hard top Id probably hate it. Its a whole different car with the roof off. It not longer feels cramped, it feels open like you're driving a go-kart. I can understand why you'd find a 328GTB uninspiring. The GTS may flex more than the GTB but I don't really notice it with the roof off. There's a few flex noises on large bumps when its on, but no noises when its off, except you hear the engine and exhaust a whole lot more. As a hard top I don't think it would be the fun car that it is.

When I used to read you put down GTS's compared to your GTB I always thought, you dont know what youre missing... and in the end like everything, its always up to personal taste.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Not all cars are created equal either. My 328 was used as a daily by the previous owner so it was very well sorted when I got it. Non standard exhaust probably helps it a lot. It goes much harder and revs more freely than other 328's I have driven.