Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

What are you talking about? I love it when you're snookered....all you can do is start abusing and name calling. It makes me laugh. Keep having a go at me....it's your only defence.

Huh?

Start at the beginning again. Try using your finger on the long words.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Huh?

Start at the beginning again. Try using your finger on the long words.

nasty

lol

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
Errr, anyhoo...

I move the switch to "sport" in the 355 whenever I leave the suburbs and head for the hills, but if I'm honest I can't really tell the difference. Probably says more about my driving that anything...

But, if the system wasn't working properly (ie. if it really wasn't doing anything when I moved the switch) would I get the malfunction light on the dash?
Does the fact that the light doesn't come on mean it is definitely working properly?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Errr, anyhoo...

I move the switch to "sport" in the 355 whenever I leave the suburbs and head for the hills, but if I'm honest I can't really tell the difference. Probably says more about my driving that anything...

But, if the system wasn't working properly (ie. if it really wasn't doing anything when I moved the switch) would I get the malfunction light on the dash?
Does the fact that the light doesn't come on mean it is definitely working properly?

It does SFA. Even if there is a fault, don't waste your time fixing it. Just manually adjust the setting to firmest and forget about it.

I love my car. Buy your own

• Soap Dodger

Errr, anyhoo...

As I said, the switch is only a comfort setting, for driving very gently. The moment you drive remotely briskly, they default to sporty settings regardless of where the switch is.

They don't do nothing, they do work.

Yes, the light will come on if there is a fault either electrically or mechanically with the adjuster mechanism, however, if the actual shock is not damping correctly despite adjusting correctly, no fault will be displayed.

Offline Steve355F1

As I said, the switch is only a comfort setting, for driving very gently. The moment you drive remotely briskly, they default to sporty settings regardless of where the switch is.

They don't do nothing, they do work.

Yes, the light will come on if there is a fault either electrically or mechanically with the adjuster mechanism, however, if the actual shock is not damping correctly despite adjusting correctly, no fault will be displayed.

Ah, got it. Thanks.

• Soap Dodger

It does SFA. Even if there is a fault, don't waste your time fixing it. Just manually adjust the setting to firmest and forget about it.

Incorrect, and bad advice.

Ignore.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Incorrect, and bad advice.

Ignore.
reminds me of the time,i was talking about the hard /soft ride on RR/Bentley Clouds,as you there is a toggle switch on the steering column.
the shockers are adjusted by a solenoid.
PP reckons they did not work or he could not feel the difference.
From memory i don't think he could remember the model of the car or whether the shockers front/rear or all ran the adjustment.

Offline Steve355F1

They should set it up so that the "sport" light illuminates whenever the shocks are in that mode, regardless of the switch setting.
Then you would know exactly what's going on.