Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Steve, keep the source in mind. Some people have a vested interest in their recommendations.
Just study Fchat or find that UK forum, I forget its name, and put your faith in results rather than recommendations.

FYI, although repaired over 10 years ago, the headers on my old 355CH never gave problems again.
how often after the repairs to the headers,was the car sprinted?

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
Yes, tubi are great Steve and yes the new Ferrari ones are also better than originals although price is silly.

I think my default choice if / when I have to replace them will be the Tubis, but I was very interested in the idea of the improved Ferrari ones. I understood they were cheaper than the Tubis therefore not bad value but I haven't heard of a price for them in Aus.
Nothing against the Fabspeeds but the 4-1 design seems to give a bit more top end power but also loses a bit in the midrange, which is the opposite of where I think the 355 needs it. The top end power is excellent out of the box but it could do with more midrange (say 3500 - 6000rpm).

For now the car is fine as it is, and I am happy that it is in good enough nick to handle a sensible first track session.
If only I had one to go to!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I think my default choice if / when I have to replace them will be the Tubis, but I was very interested in the idea of the improved Ferrari ones. I understood they were cheaper than the Tubis therefore not bad value but I haven't heard of a price for them in Aus.
Nothing against the Fabspeeds but the 4-1 design seems to give a bit more top end power but also loses a bit in the midrange, which is the opposite of where I think the 355 needs it. The top end power is excellent out of the box but it could do with more midrange (say 3500 - 6000rpm).

For now the car is fine as it is, and I am happy that it is in good enough nick to handle a sensible first track session.
If only I had one to go to!

If you want to get that technical over it, you need to consider pipe diameter and radius and primary length, in which case you'll discover that performance wise, there's virtually nothing in it for a road car.

Stick to heat management, price, warranty and appearance as your parameters.