Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

where is the 993 RS ,many difference's to the standard 993. could be the reason.

Furthermore, the 355 is one of the least reliable, most expensive to maintain Ferraris ever built, while the Porsche, even by Porsche standards, is a Jewell of reliability.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Because they're too similar to regular 355.

No...because too many Ferrari owners want a latte cruiser. More than enough Porsche owners want a track oriented road car to push up the prices of the special cars. A 355ch is a very special car, but no buyers means no market price push.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Furthermore, the 355 is one of the least reliable, most expensive to maintain Ferraris ever built, while the Porsche, even by Porsche standards, is a Jewell of reliability.
993 RS,more friendly track car?

• Soap Dodger

No...because too many Ferrari owners want a latte cruiser. More than enough Porsche owners want a track oriented road car to push up the prices of the special cars. A 355ch is a very special car, but no buyers means no market price push.

I disagree. But you're welcome to your opinion.

• Soap Dodger

993 RS,more friendly track car?

What, to drive on the limit?
Dunno, probably.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

What, to drive on the limit?
Dunno, probably.
Out of all the great cars I've owned,its the one car I regret selling.

I never tracked my car,but gee i did some fast interstate runs in it.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I disagree. But you're welcome to your opinion.

Which bit? A 355ch is so different in character and to drive than a standard car that it's like they're not the same car.

In the same way you could spend money on a 911 and make it as fast as an RS, you could do it with a 355 too....but then it's still only a 911 and not an RS.

There aren't many real 355ch RHDs around....and there aren't many real RS RHDs around (more than 355ch though). The performance of both is similar too.

I'd rather own a 355ch any day. Doesn't look like every second car in Toorak Village. Sounds sensational and looks beautiful.

Each to their own, though.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Which bit? A 355ch is so different in character and to drive than a standard car that it's like they're not the same car.

In the same way you could spend money on a 911 and make it as fast as an RS, you could do it with a 355 too....but then it's still only a 911 and not an RS.

There aren't many real 355ch RHDs around....and there aren't many real RS RHDs around (more than 355ch though). The performance of both is similar too.

I'd rather own a 355ch any day. Doesn't look like every second car in Toorak Village. Sounds sensational and looks beautiful.

Each to their own, though.
as you said ,each to there own.

Perhaps because the 993 RS,was the last road going Porsche to be assembled at the competition factory,has aided there price's ?

• Soap Dodger

You can put a silencer on a std 355 and gave the exact same power and sound.

And then all you need is big front brakes and a spring kit and it'll perform the same too.

355c has a few little things, like bigger oil cooler and numerous other "improvements" that don't get actually felt in the driving experience.

FP proved it..... You can bolt a few bits on cheaply and get a std 355 to do what a ch does.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

You can put a silencer on a std 355 and gave the exact same power and sound.

And then all you need is big front brakes and a spring kit and it'll perform the same too.

355c has a few little things, like bigger oil cooler and numerous other "improvements" that don't get actually felt in the driving experience.

FP proved it..... You can bolt a few bits on cheaply and get a std 355 to do what a ch does.
see with an RS,there is much difference to a standard 993 in the mechanics and other areas.