Offline Neru

wow so much has happened since I last logged in, FF you should come over to our workshop one day. It would be nice to have a chat with you and I can see your point of view I guess your talking from experience and with a product which you know so well.

I talked to viezu head office and we are willing to offer a half price deal of $1100 and we may be able to offer a custom tune which could see up to 30bhp. I still have to confirm the figures though so don't hold me to it yet.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Thanks, sounds good.

If you'll give that offer direct to a forum member, and they appreciate the tune, i'll be happy.

A tip in the AE coffers would be appropriate too.... :tilt:

• Soap Dodger

Comments such as these:

I've seen similar results from a dyno just by adjusting the manettino (specific to the dyno sheet, and dont say you were just 'saying' cause thats not what you meant)

Well, I have good info that 630 is possible on 458 from flash alone. (implying massive maing from good sources, implying our dyno is crap)

I also have good info that that info is BS. (so you good source is also a BS source)

These 2 'sources' cant both be 'good info' then can they.
Seriously you need to get your story straight.

You have a comprehension problem.

I havent, and wont, say your sheet is bs.

I have conflicting info, from two very highly reputable sources.... The horses mouth you could say.

Offline ATPG

Its just how you write , and your implications have been very negative all the way, however, if you didnt mean it, then i apologise, perhaps as should you for some of your comments then its time for everyone to get on with life and leave this little episode behind us, all got better things to do than have some misconstrued debates on the forums!

• Soap Dodger

Your first post "thing on the dyno..... Take their money" was hardly polite entrance.

I'm like a soldier in the trenches with a gatlin gun.... If you can get through me, you'll do ok...

You just need testimonials to back up anotherwise anonymous poster, and you may get further.

Offline ATPG

Lets just leave it there shall we, no need for this to go on and on, simply i dont have testimonials to hand for ferrari just last weeks dyno sheets.
Im sorry that you feel like the 360 is not worth tuning, we shall differ on that point.

Next ferrari we do ill send you the testimonial :)

• Soap Dodger

Again, comprehension.

I said 360 have negligible peak figure gains, and tuning is too costly and risky IMO.

I did say that there are perceived gains, and if thats what people want, its their choice.

I still say its better to simply buy a faster car.

I have had superb value from tuners, on 360, when modifying engines, and dealing with immobilier issues, or deletion of variable cams or air flow meters etc, for racing engines.

But, for road use, I totally stand by my cost/risk/benefit position.

Offline Neru

Got word back from Viezu UK

The maximum they are able to push from the 360 was 20bhp within safe limits

It is more easier to squeeze power out of the F430 and 458 Italia

The offer of $1100 still stands for anyone interested

• Soap Dodger

I've had an intense day of ECUs...

a 360 with a CAN line error to trace (5 ECUs involved), and 458 ECU's everywhere... engine, gearbox etc..

:tired: :eek: :eye-popping: :argh:

Neru, that's a good offer. If someone wants pleasantly improved drivability and snappier throttle response, $1100 is a fair price I think.

if they want to go faster, we all know the answer.