Offline HWHL

[
PI is too tyre hungry for any road legal tyre to be ideal, but Pirelli Trofeo R are the best available.

They look like a nice tyre, and being road legal is a plus.
They say mostly for dry weather only, do you know what they would be like on a wet road at legal speeds.
I'm not that keen on getting two sets of tyres, just for a track day here and there, if not maybe the Pzero corsa rosso?? Not an R spec but the reviews seem ok.

Offline adam01

[
PI is too tyre hungry for any road legal tyre to be ideal, but Pirelli Trofeo R are the best available.

They look like a nice tyre, and being road legal is a plus.
They say mostly for dry weather only, do you know what they would be like on a wet road at legal speeds.
I'm not that keen on getting two sets of tyres, just for a track day here and there, if not maybe the Pzero corsa rosso?? Not an R spec but the reviews seem ok.

Have the P zero Corsa's, iffy in the wet for my liking & also find them noisy

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Pick up spare wheels and get various types of tyres, get a friend to bring the wheels/tyres to the track in another car, van, ute, trailer...

Have your road tyres and your race tyres, Don't know about you guys but if I head home on the same tyres I drove to the track in, then I haven't had enough fun on the track.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline HWHL

Pick up spare wheels and get various types of tyres, get a friend to bring the wheels/tyres to the track in another car, van, ute, trailer...

Have your road tyres and your race tyres, Don't know about you guys but if I head home on the same tyres I drove to the track in, then I haven't had enough fun on the track.

I did that when I had a HSV a few years ago, I'm not going to track this one a lot just a day at PI will do.