Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
No, I'm in melbourne, but I do bring my SD2 when I come to the race tracks in NSW.

I'm not sure who has SD2 in NSW... no-one I'd be happy to recommend anyway!

Even the dealer shouldn't charge too much though.

There is a protocol in the system that asks "is the clutch new"... the dealer may be reluctant to tick the "yes" box on that one, but they should (in fact are obliged to) re-set the values with you as a paying customer.

They might charge ~$100 to $300 for it I would guess, although Dodger said that the delaer here charged more than that.... it's up to you if you feel it's worth it or not.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
only places in Sydney I have come across with SD2 so far is Fez/Maserati Sydney (elizabeth street), but they are a bunch of knobs so i'd highly recommend not going to them unless you feel like you want to get ass raped by obnoxious, dilusional used car salesmen....

or this place of which I have not yet gone to, but I will be taking mine there for a service very soon.

http://www.piccola.com.au

Was there a guy in Wetheril Park FF who played around with fez/mazzas aswell?
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I don't know who you've dealt with, but the head tech guys at Syd Ferrari are excellent. The reception staff and accounts dept I have no experience with  :tilt:

The top tech at the dealer did leave a few years ago and go to work for Piccola, but he went back to the dealer a while ago, leaving Piccola as it was before he joined.

Offline nicholden

• Drives: 360 F1 Spider
I don't know who you've dealt with, but the head tech guys at Syd Ferrari are excellent. The reception staff and accounts dept I have no experience with  :tilt:

The top tech at the dealer did leave a few years ago and go to work for Piccola, but he went back to the dealer a while ago, leaving Piccola as it was before he joined.

I think i am going to give this re programmed TCU a go from the states. I will get then then take the car in for a 're learn' and adjustment. I will let you know my thoughts on the ddifference between the two.

Do you remember the tech guys name at Ferrari Syd?

Nick

ps- are there any Ferrari events coming up in Sydney anytime soon? I would be keen to attend if so.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
hey nick,
i use a guy called michael in artarmon called scuderia servicio, they took over ferrari/maserati's workshop.
i purchased a tcu which they programmed with an sd5 machine.
Gears are still a little cluncky put it picks up alot better than before.
Seeing you have a 2001 model, i think Louie can re programme your one without changing it, but i am not sure how good he is, they have suprised me on a couple of occasions.
If not, Andrea Motori is directly across the road in a red brick building, it is said that he is a good mechanic, but with tcu/programming, he may not be.
Clear as mud?? Thought so!
Head guy at Ferrari Sydney (Giovanni) is great, but he has no time for anyone and will say he will work on your car but doesn't, not worth the expense.
Good Luck
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

I think i am going to give this re programmed TCU a go from the states. I will get then then take the car in for a 're learn' and adjustment. I will let you know my thoughts on the ddifference between the two.

Do you remember the tech guys name at Ferrari Syd?

Nick

ps- are there any Ferrari events coming up in Sydney anytime soon? I would be keen to attend if so.

FF is talking about Sal, who's moved from Piccola to Ferrari Syd at Waterloo.

Giovanni is their chief 'issues' solver.

I'd still ping Daniel at Ricambi on a Challenge TCU just to get an idea on price. That's what I did and it was a night and day improvement from the 2000 TCU. Probabaly a grand more than the reprogrammer chaps, but a better tested solution.
C'mon, do it!

Offline nicholden

FF is talking about Sal, who's moved from Piccola to Ferrari Syd at Waterloo.

Giovanni is their chief 'issues' solver.

I'd still ping Daniel at Ricambi on a Challenge TCU just to get an idea on price. That's what I did and it was a night and day improvement from the 2000 TCU. Probabaly a grand more than the reprogrammer chaps, but a better tested solution.

Hey Al,

I contacted Daniel and he responded to say that the price of them has now rocketed to over 3K US now for no real reason. The re programmed is $1000 US so i'll give it a go and let you know!

Thanks for all the advise from everyone.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Hey Al,

I contacted Daniel and he responded to say that the price of them has now rocketed to over 3K US now for no real reason. The re programmed is $1000 US so i'll give it a go and let you know!

Thanks for all the advise from everyone.

Juheeebus. Suppy and demand. I'll have to buy an SD2/3. Must look at that again.
C'mon, do it!

Offline nicholden

I have just recieved the re programmed TCU  from the States.

Can i simply isolate the battery and plug the new one in? re activate the battery and bingo?!  This is what the guy that sold it infered.

I have held off driving the car until this arrived. If my plan above is okay i presume i can then take it to the dealer to have the PIS adjusted or should i have the dealer fit it?

Do they have to suck any info off the old unit first?

Thanks, Nick

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Wait for someone in the know to answer you properly... but....

i'm not sure if it is related but I have been told that Ferrari store info in their computers like milage ect..., change that and not get the milage changed could cause probs if someone takes it to ferrari for a pre purchase inspection and the numbers don't match...... don't quote me becaue I have also been told there are a few cpu's in a fez so maybe it is a different one to the one that stores milage.

Please don't burn me if i'm wrong FF, i'm just thinking out loud
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!