Offline The Doctor

hi guys,
got a question regarding the 360 paddle shift.
Lately i have noticed a long-ish beeeeep every now and then when i try to take off in first gear.
It is fine for all the rest of the gears, but pull up at a set of lights, try to take off again and beeeeep.
Nothing comes up on the display at all. After a while, it goes away. Could it be clutch slipping/overheating on take off??
Has anyone else experienced this on their 360 F1??
Thanks

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Doc,

Congrats on the new car once again!

I never heard that noise before though... should just take off without any beeping sound. The only time that I will get the beeping sound is that if the car is in 1st gear and my foot is off the brake, it would beep then switch the gear from the 1st to Neutral.... that's all...

cheers,

richie

Offline The Doctor

Doc,

Congrats on the new car once again!

I never heard that noise before though... should just take off without any beeping sound. The only time that I will get the beeping sound is that if the car is in 1st gear and my foot is off the brake, it would beep then switch the gear from the 1st to Neutral.... that's all...

cheers,

richie
hey rich,
yep, makes that noise too, but this noise really has me thinking as its when you take off. Unless its getting caught between N & 1st. Also seems to ride the clutch alot before taking off, is that normal?? Clutch was only changed 6k's ago.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Doc, FF and I discussed this in another thread. In early 360's you can either learn to drive around the stupid computer (1999-2001ish from memory), or pull the TCU and drop in one from a Challenge or CS ... or a 2003 TCU.

I have a Challenge TCU in mine - it waits 5 minutes at a stop before dropping the car in neutral, and there's a few other things that it also keeps running - however to me at least the car was transformed and not a f*cking pain to drive in traffic.

I have a 2003 TCU around that I bought at the same time in case the Challenge one didn't work. May be able to work out a way to lend it to you so you can see if this addresses the problem, or I can take you for a quick punt in mine so you can see how they should run.
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

hey rich,
yep, makes that noise too, but this noise really has me thinking as its when you take off. Unless its getting caught between N & 1st. Also seems to ride the clutch alot before taking off, is that normal?? Clutch was only changed 6k's ago.

By the way, reverse aggressively up a grade, attempt too many launches on an incline ... and you'll burn out a clutch in a lot less than 6K's ...
C'mon, do it!

Offline The Doctor

I have a 2003 TCU around that I bought at the same time in case the Challenge one didn't work. May be able to work out a way to lend it to you so you can see if this addresses the problem, or I can take you for a quick punt in mine so you can see how they should run.
[/quote]
sounds like a plan Al, have to catch up. Send me a PM with contact details. I would love you to take a look at it and tell me if it drove like yours when you first got it.....apparently mine only has a 33% clutch wear.

Offline allanuber

sounds like a plan Al, have to catch up. Send me a PM with contact details. I would love you to take a look at it and tell me if it drove like yours when you first got it.....apparently mine only has a 33% clutch wear.

The computer readings for clutch wear are not epicly reliable. That being said if the problem you've got happens consistently it's more likely the way the TCU works. Remind me what year your car is?
C'mon, do it!

Offline The Doctor

The computer readings for clutch wear are not epicly reliable. That being said if the problem you've got happens consistently it's more likely the way the TCU works. Remind me what year your car is?
2000, buo it only happends after alot of slow stop/starting and on slow up hill take offs

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
it is normal to have a bit of clutch slip when the car is cold... but after driving the car for around 5 minutes, the clutch should just bite straight away without any slipage... at least that's how mine works...

cheers,

richie

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

If it's beeping while driving, it has a problem.

It needs to be looked at.

When you turn the ign on, does it do 3 shortish beeps?

When you shut it down, does it do one long beep?

It only beeps in use when it thinks something is wrong.... usuually, it's just as it wants to take it out of gear as you've been sitting idling with no pedal applied....

the 2003 TCU will not fix any faults, it just makes it more drivable.