Offline Noodleman

• I'm not affraid 2 die I'm affraid of going to Hell

• Drives: Mercedes Slk
  • Name: Sean
Can just imagine what they would've charged as an extra too  :scratchchin: I know there's always heaps of people going on and on about why would u worry about the stereo when you have that engine to listen too, which is a valid point. But if u can own one of these before your 30 then why wouldn't u wanna sit in it enjoying some crisp sounds even if u are just parked in your garage  :cool:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
LOL i'm 24 next week, I wasted plenty of money on my R33 with soundsystems, you really get over it. If i was to do something to the fez, i'd just replace the speakers for crisper clarity, for subs I dont care about  them in the 360, unless I was to turn it into an Autosalon car  :doh: which i'd never do.

A red/tan spider attracts more attention than you want, combine that with a massive sound system, Performance exhaust and you are just asking for trouble while cruising through the city.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Noodleman

A red/tan spider attracts more attention than you want, combine that with a massive sound system, Performance exhaust and you are just asking for trouble while cruising through the city.

Congrats bro. I can't say i  know of may Fez drivers under 30 so power to you. For me the soundsystem is not for look at me value, i mean the car does enough of that as is. I LOVE good tunes and do most of my music listening sitting in my car in my garage. Gotta  ask though do u have any regrets or had any major dilema's with the car?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
No regrets and no major issues (yet)
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline vindgat

• Drives: 360 Spider
LOL i'm 24 next week, I wasted plenty of money on my R33 with soundsystems, you really get over it. If i was to do something to the fez, i'd just replace the speakers for crisper clarity, for subs I dont care about  them in the 360, unless I was to turn it into an Autosalon car  :doh: which i'd never do.

Guys, i looked and listened to the factory hi-fi upgrade option for 360 and as you correctly state Kujotk it upgrades the amp and speakers but imo is overpriced for the actual quality it delivers in terms of audio sound is average!!

The system i installed was done so that you wouldnt even know it is there but the audio it delivers is cristal clear and loud if required so this just makes the driving experience better when you are tired of the droan of the car/road noise the 360 generates, trust me i wont be driving through the city in F1 exhaust mode with the sounds pounding that would be just  STUPID!!!  :der:

I have made a couple of personal upgrades that i really wanted and enjoy the car even more because of these changes, everything i have done has been done by qualified techs and can be undone to return the car to original if i wish.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I only ever turn the radio/cd on when on a trip, around town you really need to hear what the engine is doing I think.

Offline vindgat

Hey guys this is my first post here, just wondering what the actual hi-fi upgrade for the 360 was. A small Sub in a box, larger mid range speakers? Also wondering if anyone has put in a different head unit. I know that most people like to keep it original but wonder if anyone has seen one.

Thanks guys

During research on my system i found alot of info on guys in the USA that changed the H/U, installed amps,speakers and subs, a few went for single din flip up screens to incorporate navigation, bluetooth,USB and ipod and the others who didnt need the Nav just went single din for bluetooth,USB and ipod.

I personally didnt want to change the austetics of the car so i kept the factory unit but got ipod connectivity, the guys in the states however dont seem to worry about this as most of us do and that is probably due to the car prices being significantlly lower and more affordable so alot of them use them as daily drives so they need functionality.

If i could buy a second hand 360 for the same price as a new HSV or FPV i would also not worry about changing the H/U and my project would have been alot easier and cheaper!! 

I have available an OEM sub box for the 360/430 that i bought for the project that i didnt use after all, which was the purpose of this original post!!!!

Offline Noodleman

makes the driving experience better when you are tired of the droan of the car/road noise the 360 generates, trust me i wont be driving through the city in F1 exhaust mode with the sounds pounding that would be just  STUPID!!!  :der:

How big of a difference is the exhaust loudness (i'm sure there's a better way to word this) when in and out of F1 mode. On a long trip is it likely to drive u nuts?

Offline Noodleman

Would love to put this head unit in a fez, as it's got a dvd screen but best of all can be set so that it turns into a black panel. I got one in my Merc  and it's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOAcwxBMxHM&feature=fvw

Offline vindgat

How big of a difference is the exhaust loudness (i'm sure there's a better way to word this) when in and out of F1 mode. On a long trip is it likely to drive u nuts?

The difference in volume and tone between F1 and normal mode is huge as normal mode sounds like original system but doesnt scream at 6000-8000 rpm as the butterfly valves dont open, but in F1 mode the butterflies open and the majority of gases go through the x pipe and not the standard route via the cats so the sound is throaty and raw at low revs and is just insanely load and high pitched at high revs.

So yes  the F1 mode would drive you nuts!!!! :eye-popping: