• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Ya i hear you mondial, i had the same dilemma with the maserati, except i thought the car was shit untill i took it to maserati and they said thats as good as they get lol

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

nah but i saw that for sale like 5 months ago or something, i'm looking at one in syd with f1 paddels, cost more but much less km's

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline Richie

• What's next?

• Drives: my wife crazy
I am selling a black/black with optional Red genuine ferrari CF sports seats if you want to buy it, it costs a bit more :)

The car is in great condition and listed on carsales too :)

cheers,

richie

Offline Richie

• What's next?

and Phil will also tell you don't buy early models like 1999 or 2000..... due to electrical issues with F1 transmission.... he can tell you more about it.... it is about the lack of grounding points of those earlier cars...

cheers,

richie

Offline vindgat

• Drives: 360 Spider
Hi there, i purchased my first Ferrari (360 Spider) November last year and i did the following (most of which FF has covered but its simple).

1.Decide on car Model according to your budget which ultimately determines year and K's range which is available.
2. Colour choice and transmission which will narrow down your search to a handfull of cars.
3. Buy from an entity with a good reputation as you may have issues after delivery that these people will resolve.
4. You wont know what to look or listen for in this kind of vehicle other than the obvious so an inspection from a third party in the know with the credentials like FF is a must and the cars history will reveal itself.
5. Be patient if the vehicle you desire is not currently available it will be soon ( i waited 6 months)

I was very nervous about my purchase but applying the above method i am very happy and this Forum and its menbers have been great.

Happy Hunting

I

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Done, took it to Italia Motori in sydney, all they came back with was the cam belts ect... were due, Rick Damelian has booked it in for next tuesday for a service and new belts.

Straight car, very nice, took a spider for a spin to compare and basically both exactly the same, either both cars are good or both were lemons lol.

Well put deposit down, Maserati is traded in, drop my car off next friday and drive home in the 360.... now i have a whole week to sit here and wait for the car, i have no idea how i am going to wait so long....

Offline Richie

• What's next?

congrats mate... I am sure you will find something else to do during this time.

I have just sold my car too... well... sort of.... like trading it in as i am sick of selling the car privately after 2 weeks. Lost a lot, but hey, I can get on to the next one now without dealing with tyre kickers.... it was a straight and clean car though, such a shame to let it go so cheaply, just disappointed that no one really appreciates how good my car is...

cheers,

richie