Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
if this fell through and i had the time to go interstate for a car, then i probably would have been that lucky bastard who would have got yours,

yeah i didnt even bother trying to do private on my maserati, most people are just out to look at the car without the money to buy it so i lost an easy 15k on trade in, probably 20k if i sat on the car for a year waiting for it to sell, not to mention the fixed costs of the car that i'd still have to pay even if i wasn't using it, and my time of dealing with knobs wasting my time.... it probably evens out in the end so don't feel too bad about it...
Enjoying Life!!!!

1q2w3e4r

congrats mate... I am sure you will find something else to do during this time.

I have just sold my car too... well... sort of.... like trading it in as i am sick of selling the car privately after 2 weeks. Lost a lot, but hey, I can get on to the next one now without dealing with tyre kickers.... it was a straight and clean car though, such a shame to let it go so cheaply, just disappointed that no one really appreciates how good my car is...

cheers,

richie

Richie it's shit, but sometimes thats the price of convenience.  I had the same thing with the M Coupe, dropped $30k+ in 9 months of owning it.  But it was worth it IMO to get out of it and into something else for the Mrs along without having to deal with selling privately (which I hate).  Luckily enough, we ended up with a good trade in for it (compared with what was on offer) and ended up getting a cracker deal this week on a CLK63 for my mother through the same dealership.

Offline The Doctor

Done, took it to Italia Motori in sydney, all they came back with was the cam belts ect... were due, Rick Damelian has booked it in for next tuesday for a service and new belts.

Straight car, very nice, took a spider for a spin to compare and basically both exactly the same, either both cars are good or both were lemons lol.

which one did you end up getting?? From memory there was a black modena and two red spyders...
make sure italia motori do the service, as rick damelian has his own guys that say/claim they are ferrari techs

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I have just sold my car too... well... sort of.... like trading it in as i am sick of selling the car privately after 2 weeks. Lost a lot, but hey, I can get on to the next one now without dealing with tyre kickers.... it was a straight and clean car though, such a shame to let it go so cheaply, just disappointed that no one really appreciates how good my car is...

cheers,

richie

err humm

you bought it retail, drove it for a while, and sold it wholesale, and only lost ~10%

that's not bad in any situation.

Also, you could easily have got your money back, if only you could wait a short while...

I told you till I was almost blue in the face  :doh:

People haven't had the chance to see how good it is... it takes a while to get around a few cars to see what are good and average ones.

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
err humm

you bought it retail, drove it for a while, and sold it wholesale, and only lost ~10%

that's not bad in any situation.

Also, you could easily have got your money back, if only you could wait a short while...

I told you till I was almost blue in the face  :doh:

People haven't had the chance to see how good it is... it takes a while to get around a few cars to see what are good and average ones.

I know Phil... Really appreciate that... but I also have some rules to follow from Mrs.... and there are a few cars that I would like to check out and without selling the car, I just cannot concentrate to move forward. When I rang John today, the Superleggera has been sold, so I will get onto my next keen or two at this stage... I guess it is a trade off for convenience.... Thanx heaps for the tips mate and much appreciate that! Will speak to you soon on Monday!

cheers,

richie

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Richie it's shit, but sometimes thats the price of convenience.  I had the same thing with the M Coupe, dropped $30k+ in 9 months of owning it.  But it was worth it IMO to get out of it and into something else for the Mrs along without having to deal with selling privately (which I hate).  Luckily enough, we ended up with a good trade in for it (compared with what was on offer) and ended up getting a cracker deal this week on a CLK63 for my mother through the same dealership.

Slight OT - tell us about the M Coupe. I've always loved how weird they look - any good?
C'mon, do it!

Offline iwantaredferrari

• iwant-another-redferrari

• Drives: Ferrari 360 Modena
which one did you end up getting?? From memory there was a black modena and two red spyders...
make sure italia motori do the service, as rick damelian has his own guys that say/claim they are ferrari techs

+1 Well done, which car did you end up getting.

Offline iwantaredferrari

• iwant-another-redferrari

• Drives: Ferrari 360 Modena
I know Phil... Really appreciate that... but I also have some rules to follow from Mrs.... and there are a few cars that I would like to check out and without selling the car, I just cannot concentrate to move forward. When I rang John today, the Superleggera has been sold, so I will get onto my next keen or two at this stage... I guess it is a trade off for convenience.... Thanx heaps for the tips mate and much appreciate that! Will speak to you soon on Monday!

cheers,

richie

WTF your car is now for sale on carsales for 168k? Thats crazy! Makes the 168,900 uk import look too expensive.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Makes the 168,900 uk import look too expensive.

it IS, that's why!

UK imports are worth ~$10k more than it costs to get them here.. IMO as convenience tax, call it what you like.

the sums have been done.... you can work it out.

Richies car is an amazing bargain, it needs NOTHING spent on it if you get the Challenge wheels with fresh tyres too, the tyres on the std wheels are a bit old, but still perfectly roadworthy.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

i didnt even have to ask, he said he's qualified technicians (well he said one mechanic used to work for ferrari) are on hollidays or something and its getting done @ italia motori anyway....
Enjoying Life!!!!