Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

I didn't think the Kumho's had the correct Load and Speed ratings for the Ferrari??? Do they make Y rated tyres???

No idea, I know very little about tyres,    but do you really think compliance guys give a damn???  There were a lot getting compliance and registration with original tyres (from the factory) that were showing age (cracks, hardness).

I know that IMG at Silverwater was charging customers for new tyres for compliance even though the cars were given to the customer with the old UK tyres. In at least one case they charged the customer 50% of a new set of P-zeros even though they were not changing the tyres at all (because the car while in UK had a fairly recent change).   When confronted about it they just said that is how their pricing structure works.... (paying 50% of a new set of tyres even though nothing was changed, great logic by the boys at IMG)
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

No idea, I know very little about tyres,    but do you really think compliance guys give a damn???  There were a lot getting compliance and registration with original tyres (from the factory) that were showing age (cracks, hardness).

I know that IMG at Silverwater was charging customers for new tyres for compliance even though the cars were given to the customer with the old UK tyres. In at least one case they charged the customer 50% of a new set of P-zeros even though they were not changing the tyres at all (because the car while in UK had a fairly recent change).   When confronted about it they just said that is how their pricing structure works.... (paying 50% of a new set of tyres even though nothing was changed, great logic by the boys at IMG)

That's Bullshit!!! And this is what shits me so much about the whole RAWS thing!! DOTARS make some pretty strict rules but don't seem to follow up on it. I have seen some very ordinary RHD conversions that have been done as well and I have no idea how they would pass engineering!! And I know I could do a much better job.

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrr, makes me see red!!!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

That's Bullshit!!! And this is what shits me so much about the whole RAWS thing!! DOTARS make some pretty strict rules but don't seem to follow up on it. I have seen some very ordinary RHD conversions that have been done as well and I have no idea how they would pass engineering!! And I know I could do a much better job.

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrr, makes me see red!!!!!!

Might be time I post up some photos of Compliance workshop fails. Might need to start a whole new thread for it.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
If you want to save money sell the car.

Fit top quality tyres designed for the use.

Compliancing requires OE tyre load rating. Tyres have their load written on them, and the car should have its requirements on a label.

Dodgy complyers simply make a label to suit. Compare to owners book or an aussie car.

Offline HWHL

Kumho? Don't skimp on quality tires. Get Pzeros or Pilot Sport PS2s.

I'm just waiting for a set of Modular wheels to arrive and I was going to change the tyres anyway, I like the Pirelli P Zero's I've had them on other cars.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'm just waiting for a set of Modular wheels to arrive and I was going to change the tyres anyway, I like the Pirelli P Zero's I've had them on other cars.

What's the numbers on the Kumbos now??? Just interested to know.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If you want to save money sell the car.

Fit top quality tyres designed for the use.

Compliancing requires OE tyre load rating. Tyres have their load written on them, and the car should have its requirements on a label.

Dodgy complyers simply make a label to suit. Compare to owners book or an aussie car.

That was the whole bloody point to begin with....it was to stop all this bloody dodgy compliance crap!!!    :agro:

Offline HWHL

I think he means a Temperature sensor for the tyres???? But personally I see them more of a gymic than anything else.

Drive to the limits of the car and condition and don't rely on these electronics, if you need these electronics to tell you how to drive your car, you don't know your car well enough...

(track work is another story but we arn'T talking about track work are we?)

Ahh yes now I know, I don't think I need them.
No I'm not talking about track work, I was going to do one at PI last month but time got away from me trying to work out a fire extinguisher bracket, so maybe next time.
The biggest issue I have found so far with the car is bottoming it out, ouch - the first few times I thought I had left the front spoiler behind, now that I'm more aware it doesn't happen as much, except for two weeks ago going from Apollo Bay to Lavers Hill overtaking a bus, (straight section could see for 500m) I didn't even see the dip in the road just the crunch, you could hear it over the engine note. No damage though except for the scrap marks on the covers underneath.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
Ahh yes now I know, I don't think I need them.
No I'm not talking about track work, I was going to do one at PI last month but time got away from me trying to work out a fire extinguisher bracket, so maybe next time.
The biggest issue I have found so far with the car is bottoming it out, ouch - the first few times I thought I had left the front spoiler behind, now that I'm more aware it doesn't happen as much, except for two weeks ago going from Apollo Bay to Lavers Hill overtaking a bus, (straight section could see for 500m) I didn't even see the dip in the road just the crunch, you could hear it over the engine note. No damage though except for the scrap marks on the covers underneath.

The problem with the 360 and 430 I found (I had the 430) was that the front overhang was long which meant that you will scrape the nose if not careful. My 599's overhang is shorter and I don't scrape/bottom out anymore. Only thing I can advise is to know the roads that you intend to drive on.

Also look at getting scrape plates. hill engineering. Google it.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Also look at getting scrape plates. hill engineering. Google it.

I did, this is what I got.....   :p