Offline Leo6

Hi all just wondering what the running costs (major service,belts etc.) and weak points are on the Ferrari 456gta? Cheers

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Pretty decent car, not really known for any major problems, just regular mainenance. If youre interested in buying one you should see if forum member allanuber is willing to part with his. His cars are always immaculate and very well maintained. He would be someone to talk to about this model.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
allanubers may be a 456m GT. Still an actual owner of the model to talk to.... or ff if he's around. If youre in Melbourne and you already have a car in mind it would pay to get ff to do a ppi. Are you looking at the pawned car in Adelaide for $58k? Nice looking car for the money.

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Hi all just wondering what the running costs (major service,belts etc.) and weak points are on the Ferrari 456gta? Cheers
Auto can be expensive / near impossible to repair I hear.
Why such a long face?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Side Windows also had issues with sealing or something like that from memory. Some sort of design flaw that is difficult to overcome.
Like all Ferrari of that era the cabin soft touch plastics melt and there is a large and expensive centre section of them in a 456.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Auto can be expensive / near impossible to repair I hear.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/Ferrari-special-past-present-and-future/How-to-buy-a-secondhand-Ferrari-for-Mondeo-money/How-to-buy-a-secondhand-Ferrari-456

6000 pounds to do an auto, the early 400's had the GM tranny, not sure who made the tranny for the 456 but wouldnt mind guessing its a GM 4 speed aka VN commodore or similar, Ferrari arent stupid, they wouldnt make a component just for a one off car, they would source it from elsewhere like they do with most of the bolt ons like air con systems, alternators and the like.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/Ferrari-special-past-present-and-future/How-to-buy-a-secondhand-Ferrari-for-Mondeo-money/How-to-buy-a-secondhand-Ferrari-456

6000 pounds to do an auto, the early 400's had the GM tranny, not sure who made the tranny for the 456 but wouldnt mind guessing its a GM 4 speed aka VN commodore or similar, Ferrari arent stupid, they wouldnt make a component just for a one off car, they would source it from elsewhere like they do with most of the bolt ons like air con systems, alternators and the like.

It's a transaxle, but you're right, I'm sure the internals are shared.
Why such a long face?

Offline dkabab

i think ive read a thread on fchat that goes for many pages on who actually made the 456 trans... it goes on an on for 20-30 pages (on topic too!!)

Offline adam01

i think ive read a thread on fchat that goes for many pages on who actually made the 456 trans... it goes on an on for 20-30 pages (on topic too!!)

Definitely not in the OZ section

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate psw Today at 15:30
[ McLaren ] 675 LT Spider JBO Today at 13:52
[ Racing ] Lola Larousse LC88 goober Today at 12:43
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! mondi Today at 10:44
[ Cars ] Supercar dealer article UK JBO Yesterday at 21:35
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Alpinem3e92 Yesterday at 16:24
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Tipping game mondi Yesterday at 10:27
[ Racing ] Seeking photos of Brian Ginger - died in 1993 London-Sydney Marathon Chicky01 Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 17:38
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast shack Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 16:57
[ Racing ] Australian GT series dkabab Sat, 25 Mar, 2017 - 13:32