Offline Leo6

point taken guys...............Nor is it funny when the law makers/Judicial system allow a dead cunt like this back on the streets and even more its fucked he gets both welfare and legal aid.................oh and yes the media using him as a side show for some bit of shits commercial TV show.
In many states of the US,the cunt would have ended up with the ** Green dream**
ps...........my favourite movie "The Star Chamber"

Please respect this thread and continue your point somewhere else! Thank you

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
point taken guys...............Nor is it funny when the law makers/Judicial system allow a dead cunt like this back on the streets and even more its fucked he gets both welfare and legal aid.................oh and yes the media using him as a side show for some bit of shits commercial TV show.
In many states of the US,the cunt would have ended up with the ** Green dream**
ps...........my favourite movie "The Star Chamber"

wtf has this got anything to do with a 456, I wonder why I bother with forums....really
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
The Trans axle is pretty much the same trans as Cadillac used as a front wheel drive unit on its NorthStar engines. The trans was turned around and upgrade by Ricardo to handle more power. The upgraded parts are available in the UK and the work could be carried out by any trans shop that knows about trans axles. The comment below is from one of the original team that built it for Ricardo.

Pinched from FC
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138561334
The 456 GTA transmission uses a number of components from the 4T80E GM unit. Parts like the solenoids, for example, are straight from the GM parts bin. Some (but not all) of the valve body is carry-over too. The design of the automatic trans element of the 456 unit was upgraded in several areas. Simplistically, the 456 boasts much greater torque than the GM internals were designed to handle and consequently many parts were updated and strengthened as required. THE TCU is a bespoke unit (GM product used a combined Powertrain Control Module) and the complete control system from strategy to actual software was developed for the Ferrari. The shift times were shortened dramatically to provide a sharper feel and to defend the friction featured items from the excessive heat that the higher torque generated and this again demanded further changes to other components. So, not all the "hard parts" that look like the T80 items actually are. The 4th drum is an example of this "upgraded" solution. A standard 4th drum is thinner in section and made of a different spec of steel, it will not last long in your Ferrari.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Happy new year everyone - I'm back   :D

On the 456 - stuff to look for:

1. Side window seals - a real issue on all cars, though partially remedied with the later M models. The door mechanisms are fiddly, over the years components fail - then tend not to be economically fixable (the new window workings are over $5K/side for replacement bits). Danny from the forum here is currently re-building my windows as we speak.

2. Front seats - have a pile of motors, wiring and other connections - which tend to fail from lack of use, or not work properly (seat should buzz forward when seat is tilted, and return to same position when seat straightened up). They all seem to break at some point. Bigger issue is when the mechanism to stop the seat sliding backward fails, and the seat then crushes the legs of your backseat (usually a kid or a stripper) passenger

3. Radiators - seem to blow up. Mine did. Replaced with an Aluminium jobbie from Qld

4. Front overhang means that any driver who is not careful can belt the nose on dips, bumps etc - radiator, oil cooler and aircon damage ensues.

5. Aircon controls - bubble, and electrics break. Condensors rust.

6. Pax Airbag cover - bubbles and sometimes shifts out of place, creating warning lights aplenty

7. Auto Trans - needs regular fluid changes - I think the scare about them breaking is overstated, but it one went, it'd presumably be expensive to fix if possible at all. Real torque tube drive has been an issue on some older cars.

8. Rear spoiler breaks. Constantly.

9. Cat converters die and cause engine warning lights, and ECU check lights

10. Front airbag lights seem to be disco random. Always exciting.

A 'well sorted' 456 is IMHO a lot of car for 80-100K. Any of the issues above cost buckets to fix - which is why you see these cars selling at 60K and up. I'd be wary of a cheapie unless you check all of above.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Leo6

Thanks for all the info allanuber sounds scary! Say I do find a well sorted low k car, what's the day to day expenses like belt changes etc cost? On the 456

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Thanks for all the info allanuber sounds scary! Say I do find a well sorted low k car, what's the day to day expenses like belt changes etc cost? On the 456

Ricambi do the 30k service package for $1350 USD plus freight and labour which should be a 2 day job going on a 575M 30K service.....round about $1500 in labour costs, then add in some oils and the like and it would be 3.5 to 4k for the service. The dealer in Adel did quote me 7k for a 30k service, he didnt get the work, not sure why anyone would pay that much.

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=261237
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Goob is spot on above, about 5K is right for a big service. Budget 5K/year for the 456 and you'd be about right in averaging the cost out ... again assuming you start with a good car.

Any particular reason you want this model? Gotta say it's the most unloved car I've owned    :(
C'mon, do it!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Goob is spot on above, about 5K is right for a big service. Budget 5K/year for the 456 and you'd be about right in averaging the cost out ... again assuming you start with a good car.

Any particular reason you want this model? Gotta say it's the most unloved car I've owned    :(

They were sexy once, the 550/575 has held better ground in the looks dept.

My 575 is up for its 30k service and i reckon a clutch as well, same as 456, plastic bits arent quite right and electric seats wtf....whoever designed them needed a frontal labotomy. The clutch should be cheap considering the 360ch plate alone was $160.00, pressure plate and thrust bearing were hexy.

Offline Leo6

I like the idea of taking the family for a Sunday drive and the 456 is a dam site cheaper than the 599!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I like the idea of taking the family for a Sunday drive and the 456 is a dam site cheaper than the 599!

To the first part, only when it's not in the workshop and to the second part only when it's not in the workshop!!!!!