Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Or there's this... whole engine on my doorstep for about half the price of the ferrari parts!   :scratchchin:

http://shop.xvipers.com/product.sc?categoryId=4&productId=19
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
No, no, no send it this way, got a super charged LS2 on a crate here just waiting to be dropped in.  :thumbsup:

(Joking!!!!!!)

BLASPHEMER!

But yeah, would make more sense, and power!

• Soap Dodger

Nothing useful as yet - the mechanic was actually out at Burrows yesterday so we had a quick chat, however he's not made much progress. Fingers crossed for this weekend and appreciate the input. If he gives up expect an Uber truck at your front doorstep.   :)

Who's doing it? If they're any good, no point sending down here! Let him see the job through and actually learn something useful!

Happy to help with info/advice if I can.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Or there's this... whole engine on my doorstep for about half the price of the ferrari parts!   :scratchchin:

http://shop.xvipers.com/product.sc?categoryId=4&productId=19

Now that I would like to see!!!!!!    :D

Offline allanuber

He's a good chap who's done wonderful things with the 360 F1 gearbox. This time round he's a bit stumped but I've given him a few printouts of ideas from the online crew ... which hopefully sparks some other ideas.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

BTW, I got an email back from my mate Rick in Texas. He could keep an eye out for an engine over there if it gets to that stage.

I guess finding one here is a tall ask?!?!?!

Oh, only thing is the Yanks are really crap at maintenance, really really crap. Would have to be checked out 100%(Captain Obvious).

Rick was saying that he was servicing an '04 C5 Corvette last week that had 50k miles and never had an oil change. Tar is an understatement!!!

Offline allanuber

woohoo, thanks mondi. the engine above only has 280 miles on it, and it could be landed on my doorstep here for about Au$15K + duty. Cheeeap. 6 speed gearbox to match about another 5k for something indestructible. Driveshaft and rear diff? Brake upgrade? Who knows, but all seems chickenfeed compared to ferrari repair cost  :eek:
C'mon, do it!

• Soap Dodger

the engine from this is available for just under $18k including all taxes and delivered anywhere in Oz.

Offline allanuber

Legend. We may have a winner there as ricambi's confirmed the price of replacement heads at just on US8K per side. + shipping and duty and it'd be scary. I'm doing the office move from hell this weekend, will ping you about this engine when we're done tonight. Thanks heaps for being on the lookout!
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

It's back! LH head crack found during second shop's testing, all fixed and back together and it's running better than ever ... apart from the odd cracking noise from the dash console one more little project for the weekend.
C'mon, do it!