Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
+1

Have to be super proud of that.

And well driven Shorty too.. gotta bring it home...

Its funny this is one of the most personally rewarding design jobs i have done, even more so over the Erebus V8 / Bentley GT3.

another race on tonight for the car.
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Its funny this is one of the most personally rewarding design jobs i have done, even more so over the Erebus V8 / Bentley GT3.

another race on tonight for the car.

Its called la passione ....

Watch the movie of the same name.

You've got some.... and it feels good eh?

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline RS

more shameless plugs / gloating  :D

Offline RS

The car had another run this weekend, and debut in the British GT Cup in the wet conditions at Donnington.

Qualified 6th, Martin Won the 27 lap race 16 seconds, AF course with one of their 458 GT3's finished 2nd.

* after yesterdays race been moved to the open class with the GT3 cars instead of with the other challenge cars *

:D

Offline RS

So out of its 5 starts:
3 wins
2 seconds

Pretty happy with my self taught design / aero knowledge for ths parts that were done in my lounge while drinking wine with in 4 days of Shorty Contacting me  :D

British GT Silverstone 500 on the hit list now, should be strong contender for class win, will be interesting to see how it goes against a full field of GT3 cars.

Offline dkabab

Nick, obviously the results are good... Do any other 458's in the league have the upgrades? Was this guy winning before the upgrades? Not trying to steal your thunder, just genuinely curious

Offline RS

Nick, obviously the results are good... Do any other 458's in the league have the upgrades? Was this guy winning before the upgrades? Not trying to steal your thunder, just genuinely curious

Ferrari Challenge: racing under a set of rules which state how you can modify so other cars running upgrades ect, funny enough actually did some media years ago for the rival body kit which ended up nothing like the designs they had me do ( see below ) All the other 458's in the pics above apart from the one with the italian flag down it are upgraded challenge cars. The one with the Italian flag is a GT3 spec car

GT Cup and British GT: Racing against GT3 spec cars, which are wider, more aero, better tires / wheels. But they run more hravily restricted engines.

Martin is a pretty accomplished driver to be honest, privateer team placed 4th outright at le mans so some history of producing good cars there.

Last 3 races bet AF course running a 2012 GT3 458, who are one of the top Ferrari Teams in Europe aka  has won a major European class every year since 2006 apart from 2010 ( FIA GT2, FIA GT3, WEC GT2, Blancpain ect )