Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Well time for another Design project of mine from earlier this year that has hit the track for the first time yesterday.

Was first approached on the 26th of January by my Long time friend Martin Short from Rollcentre racing and the man who helped my Design work go from an idiot at home messing around, to the level of an idiot at home messing around for a reason.

The car was purchased in January and he asked for me to come up with some concepts for the 458 Challenge to bring it up to a higher class for BGT and Ferrari Open in the UK as well as other Euro Championships.

Over the few weeks following did a number of designs ect up and the parts we developed went into production by the last weekend in February.

The car had its first hit out at Silverstone over night with the aero upgrades, lightweight wheels ( designed and developed by Martin and myself currently in manufacturing ) and the first few of the mechanical upgrades. Upgraded brake package (custom developed AP racing steel brakes ) and a few other bits left to come

Despite some less than ideal conditions ( snowing in the morning ) the car went under its class lap record of Silverstone in Martins words "by some considerable margin"  :D

Attached one of my early renders as well
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline v8fans

• Name: Scott
Congrat!  :thumbsup:

Looks sensational.

Did you have to stay within some sort of aero rules for the category?

Offline RS

Congrat!  :thumbsup:

Looks sensational.

Did you have to stay within some sort of aero rules for the category?

Yes, we were restricted in the aero for the regulations, luckily most of the categories this was developed for had very similar rules. For example couldn't be any wider than the stock 458 Challenge, so no flared GT3 style guards

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Thats awesome Nick. Well done

On getting him away from those fucking moslers if nothing else!

No seriously... excellent work and results.

Only slight urge... the squared bit near guard/mirror... bit ugly, needs to be prettier...

Offline RS

Thats awesome Nick. Well done

On getting him away from those fucking moslers if nothing else!

No seriously... excellent work and results.

Only slight urge... the squared bit near guard/mirror... bit ugly, needs to be prettier...

Thanks,

Moslers still going this is just another project for them

Funny enough car came from one of the owners of Mosler!

This is racing so its function over form in the first instance LOL, tried other options as attached.

Offline a.taylor

It's always cool seeing your own 3D creations come to life!

What sort of technical involvement do you have on all the aero bits you come up with?

Offline RS

It's always cool seeing your own 3D creations come to life!

What sort of technical involvement do you have on all the aero bits you come up with?

On this project churned out a few idea's, then they went around the email 'board table' with various Aero people / Carbon Manufacturers / Martin and we then massaged the idea's to we got the final product

Offline a.taylor