Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
will take styling cues from La Ferrari. Similar to this render but not exactly the same.
Unveiled at Frankfurt.

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

i laugh at 'renderings'.

the finished product always looks nothing like what is drawn, and sometimes never as good.

then the stupid debate of "i hope it drops 1000 kgs!!!!!! that would awesome", and "i hope it has an extra 1000 hp, yeah that would be great too!!!!!!"

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
oh well we find out in 12 days!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
will take styling cues from La Ferrari. Similar to this render but not exactly the same.
Unveiled at Frankfurt.

I like the wheel nut.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Unveiled at Frankfurt.

You can already tell from the lightly disguised mule photos that it won't look anything like that rendering.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

You can already tell from the lightly disguised mule photos that it won't look anything like that rendering.
but makes me want to go and have a front bar like that made.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
i laugh at 'renderings'.

the finished product always looks nothing like what is drawn, and sometimes never as good.

then the stupid debate of "i hope it drops 1000 kgs!!!!!! that would awesome", and "i hope it has an extra 1000 hp, yeah that would be great too!!!!!!"

It's relatively easy to take off 100kg from the standard model by deleting heavy luxury cabin trim, seats and accessories.
Beyond that it starts to become more difficult and a hell of a lot more expensive.
All of the various "track" versions of standard models are around that magic 100kg weight drop for this reason.
Then if you are Ferrari, you have a massive list of uber expensive options for dumb customers to put the deleted shit like radios and leather back in  :doh:

My prediction would be a 100kg drop from the standard 458 which would make it circa 40kg heavier than the 430 Scuderia. It's no coincidence IMO that that 40kg happens to be about the weight of a DSG gearbox over the old single clutch used in the 430.

As for more power, I reckon it will have a slightly higher rev limit which will enable a small increase in peak power. These days they leave very little on the table to start with and it takes major changes like increased capacity or a KERS system to make more than small differences.

I also predict they will be at least $700k OTR after you add a few options that should have been standard in the first place.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I also predict they will be at least $700k OTR after you add a few options that should have been standard in the first place.

About twice the on road price of a full house GT3......