Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I would still go a McLaren if the 2nd hand prices start to reflect the reality of dropping the new retail by $100k.
mhh's car will be baby bear when he's ready to move it on.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
All true; but it was cost more than a bloody Lalalalalalalalalalalaal Ferrari by the time they did all that.
The reality is that all production cars are built to a price, even production Ferraris.

It cost me a fortune to drop 60kg out of my Scuderia. I could drop another 50kg; but the cost would be out of control.

If only you lived closer Scott ;-)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
If only you lived closer Scott ;-)

OMG...you have no idea how funny that is. I just sent Scott an sms saying the same thing.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Not yet. I want to see what the new GT3 RS specs will be and that news won't be far off.

I would still go a McLaren if the 2nd hand prices start to reflect the reality of dropping the new retail by $100k.

It's made up as far as I'm not interested in paying $700k for a new 458 Monte Carlo that's for sure.

Not you 360, I was randomly speculating that Mark might be on the list for a GT3...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Not you 360, I was randomly speculating that Mark might be on the list for a GT3...

Sorry, didn't I tell you?  Yes, should be here in early Dec.  Sapphire Blue.  :)

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Nice one Mark.
I'd be interested to know what made you choose GT3 over Turbo or Turbo S.

Also, a broader question for all forum members
I'm a bloke with a passion for exotic cars but not the budget.
If/when I get there, my purist ideals tell me I will probably plump for something with a manual gearbox.
However, for those on here who actually own and can afford these machines...is a flappymatic viewed as the better option?
Or in otherwords, is the lack of a manual a deal breaker, and if not, why not? Have you just given up caring, you can see the inevitable and are willing to embrace change, or are flappy paddles just more practical for everyday driving...
What do people in this market actually want?

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Nice one Mark.

If/when I get there, my purist ideals tell me I will probably plump for something with a manual gearbox.
However, for those on here who actually own and can afford these machines...is a flappymatic viewed as the better option?
Or in otherwords, is the lack of a manual a deal breaker, and if not, why not? Have you just given up caring, you can see the inevitable and are willing to embrace change, or are flappy paddles just more practical for everyday driving...

I like the flappy paddles, can drive in auto mode if you wish or you can choose to drive in manual mode.  So for my next car, I'll go for flappies.

Nothing wrong with embracing technology as there is nothing wrong with desiring a stick.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
OMG...you have no idea how funny that is. I just sent Scott an sms saying the same thing.

You would like to live closer to Scott?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Nice one Mark.

I'd be happy with a manual.  My Carrera S was manual - I ordered it new that way.  I wish I'd got a 4.0 too.  The PDK in the Boxster is a step up from the 'box in the Turbo S - quicker, smoother, better.  I'm expecting the GT3's PDK to be better again.  There's no choice in GT3 or Turbo now so a moot point.  I think the last of the 997 GT3s will be very much in demand on the used market - for a while at least.

Turbo S was my first thought to replace my 997 but the reviews on the GT3 convinced me to try it.  It looks like more of a driver's car than the turbos.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
You would like to live closer to Scott?

Yes....who wouldn't?

I love my car. Buy your own