Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
About twice the on road price of a full house GT3......

BOOM!

that right there is a massive reality check

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I would like it to reveal design cues from the 2014 Farrari F1 car

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
It's relatively easy to take off 100kg from the standard model by deleting heavy luxury cabin trim, seats and accessories.
Beyond that it starts to become more difficult and a hell of a lot more expensive.
All of the various "track" versions of standard models are around that magic 100kg weight drop for this reason.
Then if you are Ferrari, you have a massive list of uber expensive options for dumb customers to put the deleted shit like radios and leather back in  :doh:

My prediction would be a 100kg drop from the standard 458 which would make it circa 40kg heavier than the 430 Scuderia. It's no coincidence IMO that that 40kg happens to be about the weight of a DSG gearbox over the old single clutch used in the 430.

As for more power, I reckon it will have a slightly higher rev limit which will enable a small increase in peak power. These days they leave very little on the table to start with and it takes major changes like increased capacity or a KERS system to make more than small differences.

I also predict they will be at least $700k OTR after you add a few options that should have been standard in the first place.

Loads of weight could be dropped from a STD 458 the radiators are very heavy, custom alloy ones would work better and are lighter, remove the plastic from the car and replace with carbon, make the storage box in carbon not carpet and plastic, make billet alloy wishbones rather than the cast ones on all corners and hubs with single stub wheel nut (big fan of them), replace the headlights with carbon units, get rid of the water jets for the lights and the 3ltr’s (3kg) of water for a smaller on just for the wiper blades. The front bar is plastic and the rear is fiberglass so some room for weight saving on them also. Under-tray is heavy make it carbon/Kevlar, rear splitter is fibreglass make that carbon. Throw a bit of titanium on the bolts and get the full titanium system for the exhaust and you would be well on the way to saving some serious weight.   

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
get rid of the water jets for the lights .

Aren't they compulsory with xenon lights?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Yep. Mandatory headlamp levelling and headlamp washers

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
About twice the on road price of a full house GT3......

I'm not lining up for one believe me. My comment to the salesman at Zagame was "Do you realise that there is an entire new 991 GT3 worth of depreciation in that thing? "

He didn't have any comeback either.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Loads of weight could be dropped from a STD 458 the radiators are very heavy, custom alloy ones would work better and are lighter, remove the plastic from the car and replace with carbon, make the storage box in carbon not carpet and plastic, make billet alloy wishbones rather than the cast ones on all corners and hubs with single stub wheel nut (big fan of them), replace the headlights with carbon units, get rid of the water jets for the lights and the 3ltr’s (3kg) of water for a smaller on just for the wiper blades. The front bar is plastic and the rear is fiberglass so some room for weight saving on them also. Under-tray is heavy make it carbon/Kevlar, rear splitter is fibreglass make that carbon. Throw a bit of titanium on the bolts and get the full titanium system for the exhaust and you would be well on the way to saving some serious weight.

All true; but it was cost more than a bloody Lalalalalalalalalalalaal Ferrari by the time they did all that.
The reality is that all production cars are built to a price, even production Ferraris.

It cost me a fortune to drop 60kg out of my Scuderia. I could drop another 50kg; but the cost would be out of control.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Sounds like someone's decision is already made...
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Sounds like someone's decision is already made...

Not yet. I want to see what the new GT3 RS specs will be and that news won't be far off.

I would still go a McLaren if the 2nd hand prices start to reflect the reality of dropping the new retail by $100k.

It's made up as far as I'm not interested in paying $700k for a new 458 Monte Carlo that's for sure.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve

Ok just make the bottle smaller to save weight