Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I got the luggage set to go with my recently acquired 512TR, still in original dust bags too....

(ash edit: removed personal details from photo)

Offline waz356

fcuking nice car. nice to have all the accessories that go with it too.  :thumbsup:

• Soap Dodger

Thanks, bought it sight unseen so I hope it's as nice as it appears.

Dad has collected it and all seems ok.

Offline waz356

Thanks, bought it sight unseen so I hope it's as nice as it appears.

what, no PPI?

• Soap Dodger

Nope. Car has good clean servicing history, and is not a rotten asian import with a history of attention to corroded and perished and seized items..

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

they really got the TR shape spot on with the 512TR...its all testarossa but with a hint of modernity to the front end and a nice set of rolling stock

512M rather ugly IMO (i havent driven one, by the way)
Team <200mph

• Soap Dodger

they really got the TR shape spot on with the 512TR...its all testarossa but with a hint of modernity to the front end and a nice set of rolling stock

512M rather ugly IMO (i havent driven one, by the way)

I think they look better in Silver or Black or Yellow than they do in red... personally (maybe just cos I've seen so many red ones?)

"Modernity", is that a word?

and as nice as a Trossa IS to drive, the TR is a MAJOR step.. the M is a small step from TR.

I just LOVE silver... I've got a lovely silver 308 GTB in right now... just catches ALL the angles so much better than the other 3x 308 in which aren't silver!

Offline waz356

Nope. Car has good clean servicing history, and is not a rotten asian import with a history of attention to corroded and perished and seized items..

not picking, but it's interesting that you talk about "rotten asian import" when most car people i know would never even consider a car from the UK.

i guess the difference is that most Ferrari's are somewhat babied and would never see roads in winter over there.

what is the mileage of the silver car?

• Soap Dodger

not picking, but it's interesting that you talk about "rotten asian import" when most car people i know would never even consider a car from the UK.

i guess the difference is that most Ferrari's are somewhat babied and would never see roads in winter over there.

what is the mileage of the silver car?

well, people need to educate themselves rather than rely on heresay.. UK cars are often better than Aussie cars, based on my experience. YES, if a UK car has been driven in salt its bad news.. but if it hasn't then all is well..

BUT Asian cars not only suffer metal corrosion from the damp, the humidity is a killer on rubber and leather and fuel items.... making them MUCH more troublesome than UK cars by majority.

My car has very high km. 137000. It was used by a notorious (alleged ( :thumbsup:)) arms dealer apparently and has racked up lots of Autobahn km.

It'll be used a bit when it gets here, then sold at probably $20k under market value (for a normal km car) whatever that may be.

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

I think they look better in Silver or Black or Yellow than they do in red... personally (maybe just cos I've seen so many red ones?)

silvers/greys are always classy be it an Fcar or M3 or 911.  they work well on TR type Fcars for me as they are a big GT thing...dont like the colour so much on 355s/430s etc, they should be 'loud' imo.

"Modernity", is that a word?

yep  ;)

I just LOVE silver... I've got a lovely silver 308 GTB in right now... just catches ALL the angles so much better than the other 3x 308 in which aren't silver!

yep...red is nice but silvers etc show up styling detail far better.  a grey/silver car that has interesting styling details captured in the right light can be breathtaking.
Team <200mph