Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

So you can get a 550 for less than or around $200k
but you can also get an 04' Gallardo for that
OR a 360
3 different cars , I guess you'd have to drive the lot to choose, but I would imagine the Gallardo would have less visibility even less than the 360......

We're now talking toy car not daily driver, but I imagine the 550 could be used as a daily ?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
So you can get a 550 for less than or around $200k
but you can also get an 04' Gallardo for that
OR a 360
3 different cars , I guess you'd have to drive the lot to choose, but I would imagine the Gallardo would have less visibility even less than the 360......

We're now talking toy car not daily driver, but I imagind the 550 could be used as a daily ?

A good aussie 550 is still a fraction over 200k. A good aussie 575 is a little under.

UK import, good car 550= 45-60k GBP, 575= 40-65k

Can't compare Gallardo... utterly different character, but yes, Gallardo vis is shocking compared to 360 and 550.

Very late/low miles 575 still command a premium over all 550... but this will not last long.

Any of the above ok for daily driving.. 550 is toughest of them all and most reliable. 550 cheaper to do belts on than 360 too.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Any of the above ok for daily driving.. 550 is toughest of them all and most reliable. 550 cheaper to do belts on than 360 too.

Thanks again, my daily driving consists of 2k of 50k limit leading to 3k of BS traffic partial 40k limit, supermarket parking then the same on the return, hence me stating that even the 4200 wasn't a daily driver, daily driver means one thing to some and something completely different to someone else.

The commodore is perfect for what I do almost all of the time.

But I need something else but in no hurry till I get my head right on it, at the moment I want everything :scratchchin:

• Soap Dodger

my daily driving consists of 2k of 50k limit leading to 3k of BS traffic partial 40k limit, supermarket parking then the same on the return,

The commodore is perfect for what I do almost all of the time.

But I need something else but in no hurry till I get my head right on it, at the moment I want everything :scratchchin:

all you need is a Getz, even the commonwhore is wasted.

Come and drive my getz for half an hour. It's more fun than you've had in any car, ever. It's only got ~$2000 worth of mods on it... 4 wheels and wider tyres and 2 front springs... extra camber on front and a full wheel alignment.

Trust me... you'll giggle like a kid when you chuck it round the bends.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Come and drive my getz for half an hour. It's more fun than you've had in any car, ever. It's only got ~$2000 worth of mods on it... 4 wheels and wider tyres and 2 front springs... extra camber on front and a full wheel alignment.

Thanks I might take you up on that but I bought the commodore in a hurry to stop myself spending big on something that I might later regret..........again, at present it has a full set of Pings in the boot plus buggy plus I can fit crates of beer or whatever so that will be the daily driver from here on unless I get something tamer than the Italians like a C63 M3 E500 E63 or perhaps even a 911 but I do miss the Italians :rolleyes: and I cant use one of those as a  daily driver for me.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

:doh: Try the Hyundai forum - if there is one.  I bet even they would laugh at this :D

• Soap Dodger

:doh: Try the Hyundai forum - if there is one.  I bet even they would laugh at this :D

do they know Dodger there? and the cars he's driven ?? :tilt:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

do they know Dodger there? and the cars he's driven ?? :tilt:

No matter how hard I try I can't lower myself to a Getz.............yet. :faint:

I think it's great that you have no pride and aren't ashamed of it :D

• Soap Dodger

No matter how hard I try I can't lower myself to a Getz.............yet. :faint:

I think it's great that you have no pride and aren't ashamed of it :D

LOWER YOURSELF... you'll burn in hell for that!  :D

how would you feel when little old Getzy zips round you through the twisties in your shiny maserati/whatever??

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

how would you feel when little old Getzy zips round you through the twisties in your shiny maserati/whatever??

My only problem would be trying to pry it out of the tread on my P Zeros :eek: