Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
How about vs 550M ?  Zero probability of getting an auto...

yes that would be my pick, but it wasnt in the list of options

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Drives: Murcielago
I have owned a 550, 575 manual and a 599 F12VS.

And without a doubt the 575 in Manual was the best car out of the 3 by a mile!

I haven't driven a manual 575, just the paddles, but why was it so much better than the 550? 

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
The moment they went to the double clutch system is when the "F1" became reliable.

Define "reliable"

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Wait 3 or 4 years and pick up an F12 for $370k !!!
But my real vote is anything manual.
550 or 575.
Finding a manual 599 would be a miracle (unsure if any were delivered in Oz) and you'd need a BIG cheque.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I haven't driven a manual 575, just the paddles, but why was it so much better than the 550?

The gear shift was silk smooth compared to the 550.

It had the Fiorano handling pack so was really tight in the corners and the power was simply perfect for the car.

Seriously the car was night and day between the 550.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Andy@MMRT

The gear shift was silk smooth compared to the 550.

It had the Fiorano handling pack so was really tight in the corners and the power was simply perfect for the car.

Seriously the car was night and day between the 550.

I love the effort that goes into shifting the 550, kinda feels like I actually need to work to drive the car.  It is a bit underpowered and the noise is underwhelming, but that can be fixed. 

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I love the effort that goes into shifting the 550, kinda feels like I actually need to work to drive the car.  It is a bit underpowered and the noise is underwhelming, but that can be fixed.

Underpowered? Harsh!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline Andy@MMRT

Underpowered? Harsh!

Underpowered perhaps not the right word...just made the mistake of jumping between the Murcielago and the 550 on the same trip.  So now the Murcielago clutch feels terrible as it's so light, and the 550 feels quiet and a little underpowered.  Totally different cars though, and not meant to be the same, so I just can't drive both on the same day!!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Define "reliable"

the reliable means:
the F1 system from 360 onwards isn't reliable, possibly from new yes but once the actuators and pentiometres get worn expect issues, an SDX won't clarify which actuator has failed thus insert new ones, ricambi sell them for $6814 USD as a complete unit however you can buy them individually if you cross reference the part numbers to a masershiterati and they cost $900 for each actuator or cross reference to fiat punt and pay $300 USD each for the same part!
I was fortunate enough to replace the entire system from gear selector to pump and F1 system cos Phil Hughes had a new system in the box from a masershiterati gran sport. We spent months chasing which component was worn out, in the end changing everything worked, then the F1 lines need replacing and enzed are a 1/50th of the price from Ferrari. The pumps will fail over time and they should be upgraded to a higher capacity pump which is cheaper and available from Ebay.
The system runs at between 40 bar to 54 bar which is like 750psi and when a hose goes bang.....stand away, the high volume pump means in between cycles it isn't working as hard as the original magnetti marelli pump.

Then upgrade the relay to 30 amp is a must.

In the end these systems are now up to 15-16 years old and will wear out or break, they are simple once you understand the foibles, they are designed by a rocket scientist but put together by someone who can hardly read or write.....hence they can be repaired with a bit of logic.

if you need further help just deposit money into my paypal account
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.