Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Really? The engine dyno guys did octane analysis?? Incredible skill and knowledge obviously.

I've never actually seen a dyno place with a laboratory attached to it. Now that I think about it, I don't remember too many scientists doing dyno work.

They send fuel and oil for analysis all the time.

You make assumptions all the time.

They're good at what they do.

You do nothing, and you're shit at that too.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
what was the servo we filled the 575 up just before the west gate bridge......shell and it went all the way adel on one tank.

took same car to Thredbo, filled in adel on BP, got the same distance in km, the ml55 loves BP over shell but then it also loves Iraqi oil
Yeah, I found that different cars like different fuels. I currently own 11 cars, work and toys, and found that different cars when oil is fresh, run higher mileage on bp or woollies fuel (caltex)  than shell.....one car runs better gets more km on e10!!
My Ferrari runs better on bp, get way more mileage  with shell in the Audi.....but we do use the Audi way more, better fuel turnover
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

They send fuel and oil for analysis all the time.

You make assumptions all the time.

They're good at what they do.

You do nothing, and you're shit at that too.
who does FPR's head work?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
who does FPR's head work?

No idea.

But I saw the kelly guys and their datto motors last week.... I think they'll be pretty goood.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

No idea.

But I saw the kelly guys and their datto motors last week.... I think they'll be pretty goood.
i was told FPR do all the Ford v8 engines on a lease deal to all the other teams?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I have to agree. My local Is a Caltex and a Burma (BP supplied) and all of the cars I have ever owned or used tend to do best with Caltex Vortex, BP is pretty much the same and I do have to say that SHell is the worst.

With my newer cars they tend to get a little less mileage on Shell than the others.
Years ago when I had the Skyline as a daily I noticed when I used Shell 98, the car would get more Ping, the engine seemed rougher, mileage was noticeably worse (around 50KM less on average). The engine temps were also a little higher with shell fuel. As for power I don't really know but I thought I could notice a difference (many years ago now).

As soon as I would fill the tank with Caltex Vortex 98 the car was completely different, the engine was quiet again.

With my much Newer Italian and German cars they don't tend to care so much what fuel they get, with their more advanced ECU's that change valve timing (so i'm told) fuel quality and octane ratings play a less important role, but there still is definately less mileage out of Shell with my cars.

But in my experience with older cars Shell doesn't seem as good as the other brands.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Yeah, I found that different cars like different fuels. I currently own 11 cars, work and toys, and found that different cars when oil is fresh, run higher mileage on bp or woollies fuel (caltex)  than shell.....one car runs better gets more km on e10!!
My Ferrari runs better on bp, get way more mileage  with shell in the Audi.....but we do use the Audi way more, better fuel turnover

Sounds inconclusive, then. End result means try different fuels, because different cars prefer different fuels?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I have to agree. My local Is a Caltex and a Burma (BP supplied) and all of the cars I have ever owned or used tend to do best with Caltex Vortex, BP is pretty much the same and I do have to say that SHell is the worst.

With my newer cars they tend to get a little less mileage on Shell than the others.
Years ago when I had the Skyline as a daily I noticed when I used Shell 98, the car would get more Ping, the engine seemed rougher, mileage was noticeably worse (around 50KM less on average). The engine temps were also a little higher with shell fuel. As for power I don't really know but I thought I could notice a difference (many years ago now).

As soon as I would fill the tank with Caltex Vortex 98 the car was completely different, the engine was quiet again.

With my much Newer Italian and German cars they don't tend to care so much what fuel they get, with their more advanced ECU's that change valve timing (so i'm told) fuel quality and octane ratings play a less important role.

But in my experience with older cars Shell doesn't seem as good as the other brands.

we need Mhh to tell us, if anyone can tell all he can, he has done more km in exotics over 3 states in all sorts of cars than the lot of us combined
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Am I the only one who uses Mobil?  Now a 7 Eleven, but I think it's still Mobil.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Am I the only one who uses Mobil?  Now a 7 Eleven, but I think it's still Mobil.

mine's an apple, went from Nokia and now get more mileage
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.