Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Spotted Alvin's 430Scud minus Alvin down Grenfell St today.
Ferrari Adl delivering the car back to me after the service/inspection as I could not make it into the city!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Ferrari Adl delivering the car back to me after the service/inspection as I could not make it into the city!

Did they clean the gearbox filter and bleed the brakes?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline alvchua

Did they clean the gearbox filter and bleed the brakes?
LOL - no idea what they did - it was a freebie - part of the F-owners program promotion for July - just as well I did though - found out my front suspension bushing etc all apparently need to be replaced - parts supposedly worth $9.5k on order! Thank god for the powertrain warranty I took out! ;-)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
LOL - no idea what they did - it was a freebie - part of the F-owners program promotion for July - just as well I did though - found out my front suspension bushing etc all apparently need to be replaced - parts supposedly worth $9.5k on order! Thank god for the powertrain warranty I took out! ;-)

holy crap!!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Here we go!

I'd highly doubt that car needs a suspension rebuild! Crazy to suggest it, surely!

Just another case of dealer ripping manufacturers.......

Bushes are about $300 each, there's 8 of them on control arms, and a few more on anti roll bars...

Your car has challenge car anti roll bars drop links which are adjustable, rather than normal scud/road car  ones.

Offline alvchua

Here we go!

I'd highly doubt that car needs a suspension rebuild! Crazy to suggest it, surely!

Just another case of dealer ripping manufacturers.......

Bushes are about $300 each, there's 8 of them on control arms, and a few more on anti roll bars...

Your car has challenge car anti roll bars drop links which are adjustable, rather than normal scud/road car  ones.
I agree it's probably been "overestimated" in terms of parts needing replacement. I didn't have time to go into detail what he'd ordered but will definitely be finding out when I bring the car in on arrival of the parts.

Having said that, on recent video shoot with dkabab - the front right wheel on hard right lock did hit and unroll the guard from inside out suggesting that there was a problem with the suspension. Probably combo of mine and Dave's weight torturing the "lightweight" scud! :-D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

How many km's have you done since I sold it Alvin? This  is a common problem with the Scuderia's and I had them done under warranty soon after I originally bought it as well. Presents as a pronounced knocking noise from the front suspension so I am familiar with the symptoms. The bushes were fine when I sold it, hence my question on the km's covered since.
I believe there are superior aftermarket parts available too BTW.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I agree it's probably been "overestimated" in terms of parts needing replacement. I didn't have time to go into detail what he'd ordered but will definitely be finding out when I bring the car in on arrival of the parts.

Having said that, on recent video shoot with dkabab - the front right wheel on hard right lock did hit and unroll the guard from inside out suggesting that there was a problem with the suspension. Probably combo of mine and Dave's weight torturing the "lightweight" scud! :-D

Car is lowered with wider wheels/tyres too.

There's nothing wrong with it, and they mess up the handling when they try to " 're set" it all back up.

It's cornerweighted and perfect.....

Offline alvchua

How many km's have you done since I sold it Alvin? This  is a common problem with the Scuderia's and I had them done under warranty soon after I originally bought it as well. Presents as a pronounced knocking noise from the front suspension so I am familiar with the symptoms. The bushes were fine when I sold it, hence my question on the km's covered since.
I believe there are superior aftermarket parts available too BTW.
have done 2500kms since purchasing it. I did buy the Hills engineering bushes when I replaced them on the 599 but if Ferrari are paying, I suspect they'll supply OEM.

Offline alvchua

Car is lowered with wider wheels/tyres too.

There's nothing wrong with it, and they mess up the handling when they try to " 're set" it all back up.

It's cornerweighted and perfect.....
that's my worry about them messing with it. I think I'll have to take it to Mario after they do their work.