Offline 98octane

I've finally finished processing my photographs of Andecorp's Ferrari 348tb taken in March.  I had a fantastic time with Andecorp scouting for photoshoot lacations with the 348 engine roaring behind me, especially when we discovered the rev-limiter was no longer activated!  But, alas, our Ferrari outing ended prematurely due to clutch line issues.  Even though we didn't make it to the boat ramp for the full photoshoot (see the Lotus shoot here), I managed to take a few shots in various places along the way.

Here are a few highlights.  Full set here.

Comments and suggestions most welcome.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Soooo Shiny  :cool:
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline dkabab

mmm very nice shots!!! shame you didnt make it to the boat ramp, but you've done well!

Offline 98octane

I'm now looking at this pics on a different monitor and some pics look a bit over-saturated (e.g. the bonnet badge pic).  I had another example of this recently where some pics I took of a lighthouse looked washed out on another monitor, but it turned out the brightness and contrast settings on that screen were poor.  It's always hard to tell how photos will look on on other monitors :confused:

Offline dkabab

u know i looked at these pics at home this morning on the laptop, and they looked perfect. but now you mention the badge photo, it does look a but over saturated around the edges... but my work computer isnt the greatest...

Offline cel

Nice work 98! I'd prefer to see the back wall on the first pic a bit more natural.

This one is great:

Offline 98octane

Nice work 98! I'd prefer to see the back wall on the first pic a bit more natural.

This one is great:

There seems to be a consensus that I went overboard on the colours in the first pic.  Now after looking at it with the benefit of your reviews, it does look a bit garish!  So, on the w/end, I'll take it back a few steps and apply a less colourful gradient that will bring attention to, rather than draw attention from, the Ferrari.  Watch this space for the revised pic.

Funny you say you like the rear shot Cel, because there's nothing natural about that rear wall/corner! In the original, there are stacks of tall tyres and a tall cabinet towards the front of the car that I've removed to clean up the image.  I've also removed most of the blemishes on the walls (but not on the floor).  This takes a lot of time - is it worth it?

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
This takes a lot of time - is it worth it?

Only you will know this based on your objectives.

I just had to do a really technical and lengthy photo edit on Tue, but that was for a paying customer, and there was a specific requirement to fill.

But otherwise my personal preference is to work with whatever is really actually in front of my lens.

Offline cel

This takes a lot of time - is it worth it?

On the rear shot I definitely think it's worth it. I love the clean feel of the background, but the lines of the wall are still visible, which makes it look real  :thumbsup:

It's great you had the opportunity to take a car like this for a shoot, well done and a  :thumbsup: to Andecorp!