Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
So how do you get one via wholesale????

Like what Goober said, via an wholesaler or his mate who is trying to do a deal on a trade in and is willing to hand ball the car to get the new sale over the line.

If you put the feelers out to the market place and a Joe walks in looking to trade, the dealer will make the call to somebody he knows who will take the car as is wholesale.

Hi end cars, high mileage, imported, bad service history had a hair cut; too old etc are not wanted on the floor so they are through the backdoor. If you’re lucky or unlucky to the gullible who don't know what they are looking at you can get a killer deal or a bloody nose. You need to be on the ball and do all the checks first or you can spit on the hand knowing that if it is a bad car it will be them that gets the bloody nose for the BS.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
it takes more than a phone call, look for the cars that have been listed for over 2 years, approach with stealth

OK short cut me 22 months show me the schindler's......

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
IMO buy a car based on the car it self and not who is selling it.
And get the best pice you can get.

Ofcorse cars can be bought at wholesale but You can't really say a car is worth 80-90k just because that is what the shark dealers and wholesales are buying them for.

Compare apples with apples.
If you Can get it wholesale then good luck to you, if not get the best retail you can.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline schmik325

Works differently here in Bris. Massive big boys club.

If you get the foot in the door, you have to take the 4-5 turds traded in for too much money to get your hands on the good stock.

Alot of it flows to Schulz and they have been in the game a long time.

get a dealers licence, canvas the retail dealers daily, once you get a foot in the door the retail dealer will ring you for trade in price confirmation, once you give the price to the dealer and the deal happens you own the car, if you go back on the deal you will never get another call from anyone. Wholsalers are a dime a dozen, in general if they make $200.00 on say a kia rio they would be happy with that given they would do say 5-10 deals per day in a major city.
A good wholsaler has two phones, one for incoming, one for outgoing, they start at say 5am and are at the dealership door as the cleaners come in to open up just so they can put their hand up on trade ins from the day before. And at a big dealership there is a queue of wholesalers lined up in the morning.

Exotics work on the same basis, when I was buying odd ball stuff I would be at Chateau's door most mornings very early, always have a slab of beer to give the GM or used car manager also helps.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Works differently here in Bris. Massive big boys club.

If you get the foot in the door, you have to take the 4-5 turds traded in for too much money to get your hands on the good stock.

Alot of it flows to Schulz and they have been in the game a long time.

correct, that theory is not only in Aust but world wide
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
IMO buy a car based on the car it self and not who is selling it.
And get the best pice you can get.

Ofcorse cars can be bought at wholesale but You can't really say a car is worth 80-90k just because that is what the shark dealers and wholesales are buying them for.

Compare apples with apples.
If you Can get it wholesale then good luck to you, if not get the best retail you can.

Yep, I would rather buy a great car at a reasonable price than a fair car at a cheap price. With things like 360's and F430's the repair bill can run to $20k pretty easy on that "steal" you thought you got, and you still could have an average car.

I would rather buy the car the owner has treated like a virgin girlfriend, and pay him a bit more, than some roughie you think you can make look good.

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Yep, I would rather buy a great car at a reasonable price than a fair car at a cheap price. With things like 360's and F430's the repair bill can run to $20k pretty easy on that "steal" you thought you got, and you still could have an average car.

I would rather buy the car the owner has treated like a virgin girlfriend, and pay him a bit more, than some roughie you think you can make look good.

Yes.
Why such a long face?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I would rather buy the car the owner has treated like a virgin girlfriend......

Well counts me out....she wouldn't be a virgin for very long around me!!!    :tilt: