• Resident Bogan

hmmmm which car of mine is an import

Well, if you want to get technical, they all are. :p

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
hmmmm which car of mine is an import

Is the Lola not from overseas?

Is that left-hand drive 360 that you drive not from overseas?

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

Turbo kit.........why not just buy a 430 or some ricer thing

430 are not in my price range for this project and parts are not as plentiful like they are for a 360.
Pick your jaw back up itís not like you think, My plan has always been to do a twin low boost system for a 360 using Aerochargerís, the most advanced variable-vane turbo system on the market.
The turbo kit will not in any way detract from the responsiveness of a N/A engine. I will make two carbon intercoolers that replace the airbox tops, all very clean and almost factory in appearance.
The sound is still crisp with no lag. Aerochargerís have their own oil supply so no additional heat issues are added to the engine and the turbo is softer on the valve gear because you take between 5 to 8 deg out of the cam timing, you could also soften the lobe ramp and profile as the need for overlap scavenging is diminished.
It just gives you more torque. The 360 motor is miles behind in engine development itís a 1997 test bed design motor. It will love low boost without hurting the drive train.  If I need to run a piggy back to fuel the boost AFR then I will, however Iím working with somebody now who will take care of the OEM ecu mapping through a program and hopefully give me full diagnostics at the same time.

A guy is selling a new twin turbo kit on F/Chat for a 360, but I would not look at that type of turbo set-up. It would get very hot.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
430 are not in my price range for this project and parts are not as plentiful like they are for a 360.
Pick your jaw back up itís not like you think, My plan has always been to do a twin low boost system for a 360 using Aerochargerís, the most advanced variable-vane turbo system on the market.
The turbo kit will not in any way detract from the responsiveness of a N/A engine. I will make two carbon intercoolers that replace the airbox tops, all very clean and almost factory in appearance.
The sound is still crisp with no lag. Aerochargerís have their own oil supply so no additional heat issues are added to the engine and the turbo is softer on the valve gear because you take between 5 to 8 deg out of the cam timing, you could also soften the lobe ramp and profile as the need for overlap scavenging is diminished.
It just gives you more torque. The 360 motor is miles behind in engine development itís a 1997 test bed design motor. It will love low boost without hurting the drive train.  If I need to run a piggy back to fuel the boost AFR then I will, however Iím working with somebody now who will take care of the OEM ecu mapping through a program and hopefully give me full diagnostics at the same time.

A guy is selling a new twin turbo kit on F/Chat for a 360, but I would not look at that type of turbo set-up. It would get very hot.

Great idea. Post as many updates as you can!

I had a 360, that I modded quite a bit (it had porsche gt2 carbon seats in the front, carbon airboxes, different hoses, updated TCU, different springs, hyperflow headers, highflow cats, timate exhaust etc etc etc ...)  It was driven over 60,000k's by me and customers, including lots of track time - and it ran great and was a good buy for the guy who wanted the car.

C'mon, do it!

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

Thanks allanuber, that sounds like it was tuff.

I have started making jigs with the spare set of heads that I got so I can make some nice headers, the flanges are at the laser cutters now being done, we are just about to move to a new property so it may get side-tracked a little but Iím in for the long term.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
The 360 motor is miles behind in engine development itís a 1997 test bed design motor.

There's not many standard production n/a engines out there that offer 118bhp / litre, even now....

And if you want to split hairs, the 360 engine is an evo of the 355 engine, which is an evo of a 1974 bottom end with 1990 yamaha cylinder heads....

The valve timing wont need touching if the boost efforts of the TT 355 are any indication. And remember the 360 has variable intake geometry and exhaust cam timing as std. But you can ditch the variable ex cam and just lock it in the advanced position... makes for nice lumpy idle with no perceivable bottom end losses.

But boost is king....

Just bolt it all up and go your hardest!

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

There's not many standard production n/a engines out there that offer 118bhp / litre, even now....

And if you want to split hairs, the 360 engine is an evo of the 355 engine, which is an evo of a 1974 bottom end with 1990 yamaha cylinder heads....

The valve timing wont need touching if the boost efforts of the TT 355 are any indication. And remember the 360 has variable intake geometry and exhaust cam timing as std. But you can ditch the variable ex cam and just lock it in the advanced position... makes for nice lumpy idle with no perceivable bottom end losses.

But boost is king....

In my world that is the low side of a N/A litre motor for a 1997, now litre bikes make over 200+BHP as all day riders.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

But boost is king....

and blow the F1 unit to oblivion
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u ďmagicallyĒ have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

and blow the F1 unit to oblivion
nah. It wont make any difference to the shifting.

The extra grunt could blow diff or output shafts or clutch or drive shafts or even gearbox itself,  but the F1 will be just as shyte with or without boost...

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp