Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

What Aerochargerís were you thinking of running???

I thought they were for smaller engine applications like bikes, Ski-Doo's and Snow mobiles.......

Wonder if putting a small one on the Esprit would make a difference......    :scratchchin:

This is a single turbo set-up.

Aerocharger Porsche 911 turbo, the 930 upgraded with the Aerocharger turbo. Part 2 continues on track verifying a 50% increase in power at 3,500 rpm. With Self-Contained lubrication - no additional heat added to engine. Greatly reducing Turbo-Lag. This is still in early stage testing but it is looking very promising. If the kit becomes available it will be later in 2010. See Aerocharger.com for updates.

I'm doing the same type of kit as the Pontiac. It will be clean, light and easy to fit. Perfect for the odd fast road and trackdays.

http://www.aerocharger.com/kits_pontiac_g8.php

Tested and proven, the Twin-Aerocharged Pontiac G8 GT is the world's fatest G8 with stock internals. No engine modifications and only our twin-turbo system, this car ran an 11.008 @ 130mph. This car is finishing the prototype phase with 18,000 miles on the turbo kit. On the highway the turbochargers are capable of getting up to 25 MPG due to the VATN system, yet it is still making mild boost at 1,100 RPM. Kick the throttle open and there is 10 pounds of boost before you get to 2,000 RPM. Explosive power from pump gas. No engine or transmission modifications aside from the addition of twin 66-series Aerochargers. Absolutely no turbo-lag, a well documented characteristic of the Aerocharger. Less backpressure, cooler charge, no oiling issues all add up to superior reliability and performance.

http://www.aerocharger.com/automotive_kits.php

I have been using them for some time now, I have also done a few bikes with Rotrex superchargers but I like the Aerocharger turbo better.

The top picture is the Rotrex and below is the Aerochargers.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

given we live in nanny state SA, having a gazillion HP means nothing, a race car can at least be used.

I have been lucky with my spirited riding over the years and I agree that it is getting harder to play. Use your brain, know when to go, keep away from the hot spots. I also do trackdays lots of them and plan to do the same with the 360 set-up.

I have no wish to start racing again, itís a money pit. It also makes you single minded and blinkered to what is going on around you. Itís probably why I find watching racing boring at times having been in the seat, itís not the same on the fence.   

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I would not buy a damaged repaired car, I would buy a light damaged car and repair it myself and cost would reflect that.

Go Lambo instead. Get in early, find out the insurer and make them an offer. Its in your favourite colour.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/nsw-act/crash-car-a-450000-write-off/story-fndo4bst-1226598967081