Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

All the crap is part of the charm of the internets   

What always intrigues me is that people about to spend 100K+ on a very, very exclusive luxury item still need to visit forums for good advice and feedback. It's a weird reflection that most of us feel we can't trust dealers or salesmen - but will trust random, variously qualified people on the web.

Jesus.... are you saying that some of this stuff isn't factual.
Now I am worried.

:D

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly

As a general point of interest - I just sold my Grigio Alloy (silver blue), imported, F1, tracked, modded 360 for a shade under 100K (cash money, which is a nice story I'll post pictures on shortly).

Two things I am still waiting for....Al's pics that were promised, and news on Barra's car selling for 130k
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
The guys that have these cars and post are IMHO legends, as many don't need to spend the time to help and regardless of motivations the info is gold.

As a general point of interest - I just sold my Grigio Alloy (silver blue), imported, F1, tracked, modded 360 for a shade under 100K (cash money, which is a nice story I'll post pictures on shortly).

I didnt quote it all but that was a great comment Al. Considering the range of wealth on this forum its shows that at the end of the day, people are people. That car guys are car guys no matter what and that there is never really anyone on here that is on an ego trip, everyone shares their stuff in their own way.

I want to hear the cash story with pics as well. I had a mate that was the Sales Manager of Hayward Nissan, Chrysler, and Volkswagen in California, he loved doing cash deals. One time he was counting cash from a briefcase and said there was probably $100 worth of coke on the table by the time he finished. He also showed me 7 genuine Rolex's that he took as part payment on cars and kept himself. None of the watches owed him over $1000, fantastic guy.

So you have pics.... hookers rolling in the cash????

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
One factor also and I think it may be the case here with some cars, is that they are not really for sale.  By this I mean the seller would sell but isn't really motivated to - unless a high price is the result. These people generally waste real buyers time and artificially hold the mean prices up. They are of course entitled to this - but in some ways there are the opposite of tyre-kickers that just look at your f-car with no real intension of buying. Most peole expect there to be some negotiation down from the listed price (I would mention an amount - or we'll have a diverted thread!) but these long-range sellers don;t usually budge and they don't care if their car is on the market for 12 months. It's OK to hold your listed price - but put Not Neg in the ad, so everyone knows. When they are motivated, they'll wipe 10-20K off the price - THEN it's really for sale.

Of course some are just plain dreamers.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
One factor also and I think it may be the case here with some cars, is that they are not really for sale.  By this I mean the seller would sell but isn't really motivated to - unless a high price is the result. These people generally waste real buyers time and artificially hold the mean prices up. They are of course entitled to this - but in some ways there are the opposite of tyre-kickers that just look at your f-car with no real intension of buying. Most peole expect there to be some negotiation down from the listed price (I would mention an amount - or we'll have a diverted thread!) but these long-range sellers don;t usually budge and they don't care if their car is on the market for 12 months. It's OK to hold your listed price - but put Not Neg in the ad, so everyone knows. When they are motivated, they'll wipe 10-20K off the price - THEN it's really for sale.

Of course some are just plain dreamers.

++++  1

;)

What gets me is ... what is their motivation?

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari

++++  1

;)

What gets me is ... what is their motivation?

They think they can make a profit out of buying a Ferrari - like I said just dreamers.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.