Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I think its a reasonable price if its a decent car.  I don't care what these other guys say... yea you can buy one for 90 that has been tracked, has 100,000+kms  and in an undesirable colour.

Black is the second most sought colour after red. But id Like to know the percentage of red and black 360's available vs the percentage of people who want red vs black.  Black might be a tighter market?
Bit boring with black interior though.

I might be an idiot for paying more than this for mine, (which is an import with more kms) but in 5000kms I haven't had to spend a cent besides an oil change and detailing.

Don't be scared, buy a good car and pay good money and enjoy it.  Or pay 90kish, then spend 35 trying to make it reliable and still be left with a painted car with wound back speedo and tell yourself (and forums of people) that they are all as dodgy as yours.

Question is, what you gonna do?

+1

The people that bag out a car completely without any evidence to do so usually say it as they have had bad experiences with their own import when they buy direct from overseas without doing any relevant homework and use price as a guide to buy their car.

With these cars if you use price as a main factor, then you are setting yourself up to fail and then be bitter about ever since.

I have owned Aussie delivered and imports and all were in excelent grade A condition. However I buy cars by the ACTUAL CONDITION of the car first of all,,,, the price is considered afterwards in the negotiation phase and NEVER BEFORE.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Hello Guys

I must admit I am very new to the 360 scene and have been watching the market for the last few months. I am thinking of purchasing a 360. Ive attached a photo of a current uk import 2002 Black F1 with 38000km (converted). It was complianced in Jan 2012 has log book history and has the CF Seats and challenge grill. Tyres are good, has been painted at the front bar for stone chips, which apparently is normal for a car that. The clutch is at 11% worn and the cam belts will be changed if I buy it. Asking price $128k. What are peoples thoughts of what it is worth and amount of km's and condition. Your opinions would be appreciated, and what do I look for?

R

Complianced January 2012 and Tyres are only "GOOD"????? How did it get compliance then? Meant to be NEW.  Looks like they have done the Switcheroo after it got inspected  :doh:

That Photo is taken at IMG Silverwater. Although they have been doing Ferrari for a long time now, I would still NEVER buy a car that an importer has bought themself and is offereing to put for sale themself.   Main reason, well they will buy the cheapest car they can that Aesthetically looks good and mehanically could go either way. The importer also has access to cheap spares and he pays for his mechanics if they work or not, so he won't care if it comes in a couple of times for a warranty job and chances are, when something goes wrong later out of warranty, he will make more out of you.

In a nut shell anything an importer personally brings in with his own money (don't forget they are tieing up their own money for around 3 months give or take) it is unlikely to be a good car.

I have seen a lot of the cars IMG have brought in and every single car they bring in with their own money is a very iffy car. I don't blame them as it's a business for them, not a car they want to keep for X amount of years and enjoy. Having said that no other import place would be any better, they are all the same in this regards.   

Ferrarista2 has been there and done that, bringing a fairly ordinary car back up to speed is not only a costly exercise but also a very frustrating and time consuming one, and at the end of the day it will still be second best.   I don't know why eople arn't picking these up for around $20k more that can not be faulted in any way what so ever (trusting that a PPI checks out).

Upgraded 2004 model, much much lower km's (PPI can see if the odometer matches the KM's driven in each gear), most desireable colour combos, in most dsireable convertable/F1 spec. If I was to go back to a 360 I would choose these ones as it is a good comprimise between spec, age, price and condition.  I don't stick to one car for long and for me resale is still in the back of my mind when purchasing a used car.

Good luck but if I were you i'd be very wary of any car that has been imported by the importer business personally.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline 355Aussie

I have a good idea for this thread.

Put some more money on top of your budget and buy a F430.

Problem solved.

Or if you can't do this then put a spare 25K in your pocket to use if needed when buying an import.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly

Problem solved.

Or if you can't do this then put a spare 25K in your pocket to use if needed when buying an import.
Yes, yes and yes.....well said...
Just to elaborate on wattens point too.....you need a car that's been driven here for a couple of years too..not just one that's fresh off the boat, so to speak..FF has mentioned this before.
Img do exactly that, cheap car, that 'looks' ok....but it ultimately is your problem the second you drive it out the door.
One that has been here already has had to have the money spent on it, like mine and barras...you will pay more, but you will not have to spend anything on it, like barra was saying, cause the original guy that purchased it, spent on it already.
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Bottom line - if you are going the import route, do it yourself.

There are plenty of people around who can help with the ins and outs and it's not really that hard.

Worst part about it is dealing with the RAWS, as they get shitty because you didn't take one of their cars......

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Yes, yes and yes.....well said...
Just to elaborate on wattens point too.....you need a car that's been driven here for a couple of years too..not just one that's fresh off the boat, so to speak..FF has mentioned this before.
Img do exactly that, cheap car, that 'looks' ok....but it ultimately is your problem the second you drive it out the door.
One that has been here already has had to have the money spent on it, like mine and barras...you will pay more, but you will not have to spend anything on it, like barra was saying, cause the original guy that purchased it, spent on it already.

In the end it will all come down to the market anyway, you will only get what the guy with the highest offer will give.....

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

There are good and bad in both imports and Aussie delivered. I do know plenty of people who have imported their own cars through IMG, and when the buyer has picked the car themselves from overseas (usually UK or Singapore), they turn out to be brilliantly maintained cars with very few maintenance issues that come up soon after purchase. Although these people choose the cars and balanced price with condition and consulted me just for an outside opinion (local car freak) rather than buy from the importers floor stock.

Buyer Beware obviously. 

I'm not saying that black IMG car is shit, but just go into the inspection with an open mind, drive a few cars around, view it in sunlight and under flourecents.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Problem solved.

Not if the 430 turns out to be rough as well (although less likely)
There are a number of Personal Import 430's running around as well, so always pay attention to what you are looking at.

Or option 3, Get a Gallardo for the WIN!!!!
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline roc

Guys,

Thanks for you input, alot of interesting valid and eye opening comments. It tells me I need to digest them all and keep looking around and inspect from a different viewpoint. One question though, PPI test. What is that, and what does it test and what does that cost? Sorry guys, for my ignorance, Ive been a Porsche man for many years and have just sold my Carrera S 997, and am looking for something new? Always wanted a Ferrari. Maybe I should be looking at F430 or even Lambo? Back to the drawing board.

Thanks Again
R