Offline uzz32soarer

• Moustache Champion
  • How the moustache was invented.....go the growl!

• Drives: 1988 Testarossa, 1974 DeTomaso Pantera, 1956 T-Bird convertible.
  • Name: Rob Hayden
Nah, I've been distracted.

Engine and front all finished, just got to do radiators and sub frame painting and then final assembly. Probably three months part time work. But the farm at Lilydale has taken the focus off the cars.

Or more's the point its actually put the focus on the cars, as I'm building a new 600m garage for them and doing it all myself so it's taking some time.

But the GT4 is now humming nicely, and between the 2400 Dino Coupe and the little 2300S Ghia, there's always something nice to drive in the shed.

Although I also fell to a new low level recently and picked up a Lotus Esprit S4 to add to the 'daily driver' side of the shed.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Good thing that everyone has a 'humble opinion' then, and this from a bloke who has fallen from 'real' cars to driving a glorified Ipod! LOL.

Just giving it back Scott, no offence intended!!

I would expect nothing less mate, just like the repartee that we have in person  :thumbsup:

Re my humble opinion though, it comes from a place of non-bias. I have great sentimental feelings towards the old Testical Roaster as you know; but when viewed purely as a drivers car they are absolute shite. Bloody scary on the limit and in the wet bring several changes of undies for the drive :eek:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Nah, I've been distracted.

Engine and front all finished, just got to do radiators and sub frame painting and then final assembly. Probably three months part time work. But the farm at Lilydale has taken the focus off the cars.

Or more's the point its actually put the focus on the cars, as I'm building a new 600m garage for them and doing it all myself so it's taking some time.

But the GT4 is now humming nicely, and between the 2400 Dino Coupe and the little 2300S Ghia, there's always something nice to drive in the shed.

Although I also fell to a new low level recently and picked up a Lotus Esprit S4 to add to the 'daily driver' side of the shed.

^^^^^^^^

You're mad on oh so many levels with that lot !

:D

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I would expect nothing less mate, just like the repartee that we have in person  :thumbsup:

Re my humble opinion though, it comes from a place of non-bias. I have great sentimental feelings towards the old Testical Roaster as you know; but when viewed purely as a drivers car they are absolute shite. Bloody scary on the limit and in the wet bring several changes of undies for the drive :eek:
A handful in the wet? Didn't know that. BB had impeccable manners in the wet.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

A handful in the wet? Didn't know that. BB had impeccable manners in the wet.

About the worst car you could possibly choose to do a Targa Tasmania with. Add together high speeds, roads you don't know at all, driving rain and a bloody expensive 3yr old 12 cylinder Ferrari and you get the very definition of terrifying.

In period road tests of the Boxers they said the handling was scary in the wet. As you know it is the very high centre of gravity (engine over transverse gearbox) and rearward weight bias that gives the mid engined flat 12's "roll oversteer". In the dry you can punt fairly quickly before you notice it; but in the wet it becomes noticable at lower speeds.

Today you would probably never notice it on the road as you can't drive as fast in them as we did back then due to all the Cops and traffic. No doubt anybody who owns one today is saying WTF is he on about  :scratchchin:

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
About the worst car you could possibly choose to do a Targa Tasmania with. Add together high speeds, roads you don't know at all, driving rain and a bloody expensive 3yr old 12 cylinder Ferrari and you get the very definition of terrifying.

In period road tests of the Boxers they said the handling was scary in the wet. As you know it is the very high centre of gravity (engine over transverse gearbox) and rearward weight bias that gives the mid engined flat 12's "roll oversteer". In the dry you can punt fairly quickly before you notice it; but in the wet it becomes noticable at lower speeds.

Today you would probably never notice it on the road as you can't drive as fast in them as we did back then due to all the Cops and traffic. No doubt anybody who owns one today is saying WTF is he on about  :scratchchin:

when I took the TR to Thredbo this winter.......here's a comparison from Khancoban to Thredbo, the C4S with all the bullsihit modern computers just did the road with eloquent ease, especially the snow at Dead Horse Gap, ABS, Traction, Porsche stability and 4 wheel drive.......its like driving without noticing the difference. The TR with no computer aids......all that weight in the middle of the car in the wet was outa control, when I hit snow....forget it, crawl at best and pray, never stop cos it'll never take off again and to stop its say your hail marys and our father a few times especially going downhill. Enzo designed a great GT cruiser but anything short of a freeway.....its easier to piss in the gutter and swim
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Aircon

Not aussie delivered, not glass, but near enough.

This just came up on my FB feed from 2012

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRcoCuG6j4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRcoCuG6j4</a>

Offline Aircon

Thanks to Horse for the tip , doing this yearly makes keeping the car clean easy work.

Offline Aircon

Arrrgh ...... Nose dive!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Thanks to Horse for the tip , doing this yearly makes keeping the car clean easy work.

I told you that years ago!