Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Rosso Mugello, TDF Blue, Grigio Silverstone are all very underrated colours for them... on the right car, Giallo is wonderful as well.

this color looks nice on a California too...

Agreed. First time a California looked desirable to me.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
In my experience, Ferrari colour choice goes hand in hand with Ferrari experience.

Almost always (stats say over 80% sometimes 90%) people will have red as their first one, but after the first one, they seek to move away from the stereotype.

Of course, there are always exceptions to the norm, and the modern cars getting bigger and bigger make Red less appealing.

a red 612/599/575/456 just needs a ladder and a bell on the roof and it's a firetruck  :tilt:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
Slightly off stream here -  but what is it with the obsession since the mid 90's for people ordering Shields on the front wings........ I find them a real turn off on road cars as they where always specifically allocated to Race Team or GTO type vehicles... hence the 'SF' for Scuderia Ferrari within them......call me old fashioned ... I prefer purist...... but they just add too much jewellery to the car and scream Footballer..... :doh:

Take for instance Dodgers photo above of the 612.... it just looks perfect, doesn't need more 'jewellery'.... just my humble opinion

Rant over

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Slightly off stream here -  but what is it with the obsession since the mid 90's for people ordering Shields on the front wings........ I find them a real turn off on road cars as they where always specifically allocated to Race Team or GTO type vehicles... hence the 'SF' for Scuderia Ferrari within them......call me old fashioned ... I prefer purist...... but they just add too much jewellery to the car and scream Footballer..... :doh:

Take for instance Dodgers photo above of the 612.... it just looks perfect, doesn't need more 'jewellery'.... just my humble opinion

Rant over

I run shields on some of my Ferrari's because I think they are pretty.

When the 355 goes in for a respray I'll actually have the metal shields embossed into the guards, just like factory. That'll make em even prettier.

What I can't work out is why you'd be so worked up about something like this... also, what's wrong with being a footballer?
C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

When the 355 goes in for a respray I'll actually have the metal shields embossed into the guards, just like factory. That'll make em even prettier.

What I can't work out is why you'd be so worked up about something like this... also, what's wrong with being a footballer?

I agree.  Most new Ferraris are ordered with the shields so they are the norm, not the exception.  I had no idea how they originated and I don't care - they look good.

Offline 986986

Not worked up Allan just a strong opinion thats all.... they seem to be fairly prolific arouond here (opinions I mean not sheilds!)

Offline 986986

Oh and whilst I remember..... Footballer Stephen Ireland below for your viewing pleasure

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Oh and whilst I remember..... Footballer Stephen Ireland below for your viewing pleasure

Honestly though, if he offered you that car, would you say no?
C'mon, do it!

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Honestly though, if he offered you that car, would you say no?

Yes, I would. :thumbsdown:
Why such a long face?