Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

1, fair enough, horses for courses.
2, It doesn't help, in fact, running higher current increases the risk of cross firing in dampness or dirty environment.
3, you make no sense. Firstly, I haven't said I've not changed, them, just that it's rarely, if ever, due to wear and tear. Secondly, I said they're NOT that expensive. Which they're not, in the scheme of things.

And no dizzy gets butchered, it gets sympathetically modified, and is reversible.

And you've missed the point re twin dizzy set up... the ICE system doesn't need mechanical advance, they are synchronised electronically, permanently, in a fixed way.

Stubborn... maybe.... wrong??? Prove it. taken for a ride??? err... it's cheaper than BSM, and preserves value at least as well as having BSM. Have no idea???... well, that's why smart people ask experts, rather than try to tell them.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
1, fair enough, horses for courses.
2, It doesn't help, in fact, running higher current increases the risk of cross firing in dampness or dirty environment.
3, you make no sense. Firstly, I haven't said I've not changed, them, just that it's rarely, if ever, due to wear and tear. Secondly, I said they're NOT that expensive. Which they're not, in the scheme of things.

And no dizzy gets butchered, it gets sympathetically modified, and is reversible.

And you've missed the point re twin dizzy set up... the ICE system doesn't need mechanical advance, they are synchronised electronically, permanently, in a fixed way.

Stubborn... maybe.... wrong??? Prove it. taken for a ride??? err... it's cheaper than BSM, and preserves value at least as well as having BSM. Have no idea???... well, that's why smart people ask experts, rather than try to tell them.

1. Yes.

2. Bigger spark is a good thing. The Ferrari components can't cope with what modern components can produce. It's just a fact of life. technology has moved on a lot in the last 40 years. and if you want to absolutely make the most of it, you can't stick with the standard parts.

3. You said " certainly NONE AT ALL in the last 13 years of full time ferrarifixing." which is a lot less than any other mechanic I've spoken to.

I haven't missed the point of twin dizzys at all...I said I could have spent a bucket load of $$$ making my dizzys work, and I'd have to do it again down the road, OR I could change the system to something that's maintenance free and optimised to get the best possible performance.

Obviously I could have done that with two distributors, or one. But...why go with twin? Just because a couple of the minor markets, including Aus, had that? The majority of the 308 market had single distributors, we all know the twin setup was only to meet emissions.

I'll say it again, I believe the setup I've had installed is the very best way of tackling it.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

Just picked up my car, and I'm very happy with the results. More information and photos later.

It's now officially the best 308/328 series car I've ever driven.....by far.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Just picked up my car, and I'm very happy with the results. More information and photos later.

You still need a gun :)

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

• Soap Dodger

How many have you driven?
And was the old BSM system THAT BAD, that the new one is so much better? Only, you were one of the biggest praise preacher, now you're crazy over this one!

Offline Aircon

How many have you driven?
And was the old BSM system THAT BAD, that the new one is so much better? Only, you were one of the biggest praise preacher, now you're crazy over this one!

Yawn. You're boring. I feel sorry for you that you feel left out.

More details later. Having lunch with Carl.

• Soap Dodger

Yawn. You're boring. I feel sorry for you that you feel left out.

More details later. Having lunch with Carl.

Put some ICE in his gin and tonic.  .

Offline Aircon

I forgot to say that I did a lot more than just the ignition. I've done quite a few mods. ... spent 000s, actually, as you do, including more suspension changes, electrical upgrades and other Secret PP mods that I've been thinking about and planning for two years.

IMO worth every cent for the improvements. Probably not everyone's Cup of tea though.

Still, for me, it's an absolute delight.

Lost the a/c gas during the changes too, so had to regas. Hychill is bloody awesome. Another exciting transformation compared to the alternatives.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

I'm so disappointed, I started reading that sentence and was expecting it to say its now officially the best 308 in Australia.  :D