Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
Yes there is/was a Yellow Gallardo for sale on Carsales that had the roof done in a black carbon fibre film. Looked very hot.
Did you have this done in Brisbane?

No I had it done in Sydney the day I purchased it. There's a place in the Valley that does it (offical Ferrarii repairer- but they quoted about $2,000 - about $1,200 more than it cost me. !
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Just another clear bra convert here. It really makes more sense than leaving it exposed. It is asif exotics are a magnet for stone chips. Although there are clear bras and some have a sort of milky wave effect and you can see the edges. Might be an age related thing though with exposure to UV light over time.

I have had all my cars done with the stone chip film for about the last 10 years. I now go the whole way and get most of the car done. I did 105,000 kms in my CSL and the paint looked brand new when I sold it to a mate. It still looks brand new today and it's nearly 10 years old.

The only car that I couldn't do was the F50. It has so many compound curves on the front and it was almost a flouro yellow.
I had my installer look at it and he said it was impossible to get it done to an acceptable quality level and the film would be obvious on the colour.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I have had all my cars done with the stone chip film for about the last 10 years. I now go the whole way and get most of the car done. I did 105,000 kms in my CSL and the paint looked brand new when I sold it to a mate. It still looks brand new today and it's nearly 10 years old.

The only car that I couldn't do was the F50. It has so many compound curves on the front and it was almost a flouro yellow.
I had my installer look at it and he said it was impossible to get it done to an acceptable quality level and the film would be obvious on the colour.

I look after a yellow 360, colour just like your F50, and the colour hides it best of all the colours!

And B2s yellow 308 is hard to see the film, just the joins, but that's a stronger yellow.

I have to say your dark red 430 Scud has the most obvious bra I've seen.

But yes, an F50 is a tricky shape to do.

The front bumper of a 550 is VERY tricky too, yet they can do a good job if you persist. 575 bumper is easier FWIW, it's almost like they designed the 575 bumper to be easier after trying to wrap a 550.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Yes there is/was a Yellow Gallardo for sale on Carsales that had the roof done in a black carbon fibre film. Looked very hot.
Did you have this done in Brisbane?

If you are talking about the 04/05 model import G with the carbon, it looked ok from a distance, when you get closer you see it doesn't even go right to the edges, looks like a todler learning to cut and paste at preschool did it. I saw it 9 months ago now, unless you are talking of another one???
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I recommend doing the whole bonnet. Apart from the obvious protection, it avoids the seam where the film ends. Trailing edges of wheel arches are a good idea too. Basically,I suggest everything in front of the windscreen.

Yup next time I do whole bonnet, that line was annoying. Recomend doing whole bonnet as well.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I look after a yellow 360, colour just like your F50, and the colour hides it best of all the colours!

And B2s yellow 308 is hard to see the film, just the joins, but that's a stronger yellow.

I have to say your dark red 430 Scud has the most obvious bra I've seen.

But yes, an F50 is a tricky shape to do.

The front bumper of a 550 is VERY tricky too, yet they can do a good job if you persist. 575 bumper is easier FWIW, it's almost like they designed the 575 bumper to be easier after trying to wrap a 550.

We will have to agree to disagree. IMO yellow shows up the film more than any other colour and the F50 bonnet was the impossible part to do. The front bumper would have been no harder than a 550 or 575.

There is also another problem that you may not be aware of and that is the width of the car. There are 2 film sizes available and the widest film has a very coarse grain and is more visible. You can use the narrower film and have a join that is visible to varying degrees depending on the colour. The advantage is the grain of the film is much, much finer. Guess which film the Scuderia has ? As a result the film is more obvious; but it does cover the entire front without an ugly join in the middle. Additionally, you probably don't realise that the entire front from the tip of the guard at the LHS A pillar to the tip of the guard at the RHS A pillar is one single bit of film. Very, very, very hard to do...................and that's an understatement.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Yes, I knew most of that.

You should see the yellow 360, it has a half bonnet job with fine film, but it really is quite well camouflaged.

FWIW, it was done by James ICB, not Terrence, OS, but I dont think that makes much difference.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
If you are talking about the 04/05 model import G with the carbon, it looked ok from a distance, when you get closer you see it doesn't even go right to the edges, looks like a todler learning to cut and paste at preschool did it. I saw it 9 months ago now, unless you are talking of another one???

Nah never saw it in the flesh. Just the photos on Car Sales or Car Point or whatever.
The Carbon Fibre look in the blackwrap looked so much slicker than a non wraped similar yellow Gallardo.
As I am not chasing a Gallardo, I never did anything more than look at the photos.
As with most things these days, the devil is in the detail.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

You'd have to be absolutely mental to purchase a car that is wraped in something that isn't a clear bra like the Aussie cozzy.

Purchase a car wrapped in carbon only to find underneath the wrap it says "FUCK YOU" keyed into it by the old owners angry ex-wife.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
You'd have to be absolutely mental to purchase a car that is wraped in something that isn't a clear bra like the Aussie cozzy.

Purchase a car wrapped in carbon only to find underneath the wrap it says "FUCK YOU" keyed into it by the old owners angry ex-wife.

More like   "FUCK YOU AND YOUR LIMP DICK"