Offline johnyd

Hey guys buying a used 355 GTS F1 with 36000 klms here in melbourne ,found it on car point and would like to know if any one here on this forum knows the car ...any info would be greatly appreciated!
red on tan F1 .
FF1 355
 ;)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Post a link to the car if you want, chances are 98octane will have some nice papparazzi shots of it too. :cool:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Hey guys buying a used 355 GTS F1 with 36000 klms here in melbourne ,found it on car point and would like to know if any one here on this forum knows the car ...any info would be greatly appreciated!
red on tan F1 .
would it be ok to post the reg number here ?
 ;)

Post the carpoint link ...
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

Offline johnyd

would like to guys but its gone from carpoint!!!!   spew!!
can i post the rego on here???
FF1355

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Here's a cached version.

http://74.125.153.132/search?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=cache%3AEqvYLv8JAT4J%3Awww.discountusedcars.com.au%2Fused-cars%2Fferrari%2Ff355%2F8024905.aspx

$175,900*

Transmission:   Manual   Reg Exp:   
Year:   1996   Reg No:   FF1355
Engine Size:   3496   Body:   Targa
Km's:   35,000   Fuel Type:   Unleaded
Internal Colour:         
Comments: Excellent example of a classic 355.

(on iPhone - too difficult to post pics etc)

Offline 98octane

Post a link to the car if you want, chances are 98octane will have some nice papparazzi shots of it too. :cool:

Ah, but alas, this is not one of the scores of 355s I've photographed.  And the rego isn't familiar.  It's looks like it's not a garage queen, so maybe it's a northern/western suburbs car?

Offline allanuber

175K?

Top end of the market for a 355.

Need to check if targa top leaks (probably will, my 348 was a sieve), whether the headers/valves have been done, whether the ABS light stays on when it shouldn't, whether you get a warning light from the rear shock actuators, whether the warning lights are actually even plugged in, whether the undertray is in good shape or cracked to poop, whether the flying buttresses have small cracks on the join points with the body, whether the almost unobtainium driving/fog lights are working right, whether the headlights work well enough to see by in the evenings ... gasp.

Those are the most regular 355 pains in the bottom. I'd buy the import 360 convertible for the money instead.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
If your looking at it because you absolutely love this model, make sure it is in perfect condition for that kind of money Because there are examples of 360's that are going cheaper than that with less milage, a good 5 years younger. and whos to say that this car is in better condition because the price is higher, used cars don't always work like that. Get it inspected for starters, got my 360 (getting) it inspected and its only $400-$500, well worth the price of minimising the risk of buying a dudd (even though ferrari stuffed up my original report.

All depends on what your looking for but for that money it should be one of the best of its kind in the country. Also is it me or is the paint fading pretty bad in the pics????

Good luck on your quest, i'm nearing the end of mine. Keep us updated
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!