Offline app

i don't think you can compare the two

rolex is an expensive watch worn everyday until you get sick of it and get a new one :p
cabestan is a collectible watch you put away on display, pass down family or sell for more etc

Offline M500

So this watch is crafted better than a Rolex ? $400k better ?
I've got a good imagination but even I can't see that.

Just looked at the web site, it's got a complicated mechanism but I don't even think it looks that good to be honest.

Some collectors watches, rare, may be worth that sort of money like paintings but this ? don't think so.

Rolex ownership is like owning an modern Ferrari (or Mazza :D) - acheiving a milestone and a great functional status symbol. Collectors watches (like this one) are much more exclusive and desirable if not as functional - more like owning a limited edition rare classic vehicle.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Yep but for that price you'd need to see some justification as you do when you buy their cars for not much more than the watch  :eek:, they run you through the workmanship etc.
I'd like to hear the sales speil to justify that price for a watch.

Offline fivesix

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Reminds me of a line in 2 1/2 Men where Charlie gives his mother a watch for her birthday, she says

"Oh Charlie thank you so much it's beautiful, and the best part is now I don't have to wear my good one every day"

Offline fivesix

Reminds me of a line in 2 1/2 Men where Charlie gives his mother a watch for her birthday, she says

"Oh Charlie thank you so much it's beautiful, and the best part is now I don't have to wear my good one every day"

burn...  :p

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Yep but for that price you'd need to see some justification as you do when you buy their cars for not much more than the watch  :eek:, they run you through the workmanship etc.
I'd like to hear the sales speil to justify that price for a watch.

The market for this type of watch don't need to hear a 'speil'. Regrettably, if you have to ask, you really can't afford it, and if you need it to be 'justified' to you, then you're not the target market.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The market for this type of watch don't need to hear a 'speil'. Regrettably, if you have to ask, you really can't afford it, and if you need it to be 'justified' to you, then you're not the target market.

What a market to be able to target to, a retailers dream :rolleyes:

Offline Mr Enzo

If you can ignor the price for a minute why would you, i personally think it looks like something a 4yr old designed at kinder  :thumbsdown:
Batti il ferro quando caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.