Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
My two bobs worth.. youre the kind of guy that works on his cars so why not make sure you design the rear end to open  up like an F40 and easy to unclip and pull off so that it's easy to get at the engine/trans.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
i was thinking about this car today and one thing was bothering me.

one thing you need to think of is the roof line. i can design anything you want, and cars like the one you pictured above, but you have to remember, if you have the 458 roof, PP loves FF, side windows, etc, then its going to have to have the same stuff.

you can get pretty creative with the rest of it, think enzo and mc12. same cabin/roof/glass but the body is different.

the other problem you have is the hypercar design is a little different to the sports car design. thing f50 vs 458. if you look side on its hard to see, but if you look front on, you'll get what i mean. the cabin on the f50/enzo/zonda etc is narrow and the sides of the car run at least 15-20cm out from the side windows. on a 458 or similar, the glass is only 1-3cm from the side, giving more interior room but less chance for wild styling.

i gues what im getting at is... if you want to keep the 458 cabin in tact, then the styling will be a 458 with modifyed panels (nothing wrong with that) but if you can re-do the roof and glass, and somehow the doors... well then, its open slather

I would like to keep the bulkhead shape and the door size/roof they are already a good shape and would like to use the dash etc so width will stay the same phappy to go wider door skin shape though and maybe gull wing? It's a bit of a fad so not that sold on that concept.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

My two bobs worth.. youre the kind of guy that works on his cars so why not make sure you design the rear end to open  up like an F40 and easy to unclip and pull off so that it's easy to get at the engine/trans.

Agreed love that idea

Offline TomE

i was thinking about this car today and one thing was bothering me.

one thing you need to think of is the roof line. i can design anything you want, and cars like the one you pictured above, but you have to remember, if you have the 458 roof, PP loves FF, side windows, etc, then its going to have to have the same stuff.

you can get pretty creative with the rest of it, think enzo and mc12. same cabin/roof/glass but the body is different.

the other problem you have is the hypercar design is a little different to the sports car design. thing f50 vs 458. if you look side on its hard to see, but if you look front on, you'll get what i mean. the cabin on the f50/enzo/zonda etc is narrow and the sides of the car run at least 15-20cm out from the side windows. on a 458 or similar, the glass is only 1-3cm from the side, giving more interior room but less chance for wild styling.

i gues what im getting at is... if you want to keep the 458 cabin in tact, then the styling will be a 458 with modifyed panels (nothing wrong with that) but if you can re-do the roof and glass, and somehow the doors... well then, its open slather

Sounds like you need to find a good 1/8 scale 458 model, then pull it to bits and start from there...
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Sounds like you need to find a good 1/8 scale 458 model, then pull it to bits and start from there...

That basically how i'm working on my designs, just with a previously made 3d 458
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline dkabab

Today's 3hrs worth. Got it almost symmetrical, once it hardens a bit more ill be able to do some more detail.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

Today's 3hrs worth. Got it almost symmetrical, once it hardens a bit more ill be able to do some more detail.

Cool it looks great well done

Offline dkabab

was just looking at the aston dbc concept and thought, this is very similar proportions to the 458, you could quite easily replicate this concept.... or work off it.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
I know what i want to do but just cant get them all on the 'paper' together.

The first one i started have a very familiar look to them... the old muscle memory kicked in and was basically making a Mosler LOL

Oh and looks great so far Dave  :thumbsup:
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice