Offline dkabab

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline v8fans

• Name: Scott

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
I think the best idea is to put that motor in a 360.....or fix and track.....you can get many cf parts from china that bolt in, and it would look great. Surely you could get a cheap import with a shot engine for around $50k..
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
I think the best idea is to put that motor in a 360.....or fix and track.....you can get many cf parts from china that bolt in, and it would look great. Surely you could get a cheap import with a shot engine for around $50k..

I’m very keen to build now, I have thought about it and I have the perfect donor for project RC458.
I have an ICV engineer willing to take on the project and I have talked to DPTI vehicle standards and will submit my application to build an ICV soon as I have a design and put together a basic outline of the build to get the go-ahead in principle from them. One of my carbon suppliers has offered support and will a low cost rate for tooling materials that’s a big help.   

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

Love the look of this design not 100% sold on the rear panel more juts the lines.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Love the look of this design not 100% sold on the rear panel more juts the lines.

That's a great design for a race car. Not sure how the aero would work though?

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

That's a great design for a race car. Not sure how the aero would work though?

Don't know mate it's the sort of thing I'm looking at doing, it's going to be a road registered vehicle so I am limited to ADR rules, maybe do a race type front and rear for trackdays, it’s a great shape though.

Offline dkabab

i was thinking about this car today and one thing was bothering me.

one thing you need to think of is the roof line. i can design anything you want, and cars like the one you pictured above, but you have to remember, if you have the 458 roof, windscreen, side windows, etc, then its going to have to have the same stuff.

you can get pretty creative with the rest of it, think enzo and mc12. same cabin/roof/glass but the body is different.

the other problem you have is the hypercar design is a little different to the sports car design. thing f50 vs 458. if you look side on its hard to see, but if you look front on, you'll get what i mean. the cabin on the f50/enzo/zonda etc is narrow and the sides of the car run at least 15-20cm out from the side windows. on a 458 or similar, the glass is only 1-3cm from the side, giving more interior room but less chance for wild styling.

i gues what im getting at is... if you want to keep the 458 cabin in tact, then the styling will be a 458 with modifyed panels (nothing wrong with that) but if you can re-do the roof and glass, and somehow the doors... well then, its open slather