Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Second time round must be much quicker... c'mon, you could punch it out for 5K flat right?

not interested!

go down to parra quick fit and get 'em to knock something up  :tilt:

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
not interested!

go down to parra quick fit and get 'em to knock something up  :tilt:
make 2 sets, one for me and one for al.
$10k fitted to both cars....done!
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

• Soap Dodger

make 2 sets, one for me and one for al.
$10k fitted to both cars....done!

:rolleyes:

the HEADERS cost ME $5k to make...

PLUS the silencer system... which was ~$4k inc 2x prototypes

make 'em yourself from the pic!

NOT INTERESTED! (too hard, doesn't pay)

• Soap Dodger

ok :scratchchin:

ammendment...

Send me the two cars and $30k and I'll have them built, installed and delivered by grand final  :tilt:

Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: Audi S4 V8 Quattro
  • Name: Mike Glew
I like the feature of capristo with the remote controll (well i like the youtube sounds and the fact it can sound stock when you want it to).... i'm assuming the mechanism to change the sound is purely in the catback sytem part?

The remote is compatible with any of the twinsound systems that are designed around valves and dual exhaust pathways, one heavily muffled and one not. You can select the loudness of the quiet and loud modes when you order, and Capristo make your system to spec.

Do headers make any noticable power gains in a NA?

Not really. They tend to be less likely to have overheating problems in some of the Ferraris.

And is there a special type of catback sytem that is compatible with the remote? Or do you have to stick with one type of catback to have that feature?

Edit: sorry another question, are the spider and coupe exhausts different at all???

and it is in regards to a 360

The spider and coupe in some cases have different labels on then, such as with the Tubi, but otherwise they should be just about identical...
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline MikeG

thnx ff,

WHile on the topic of exhausts, just wondering if anyone is running around with no cats? Are these high end catalytic converters free flowing enough not to make someone want to chop them out and replace it with a hollow pipe?

And would I be right in assuming capristo/Tubi exhausts come with a good free flowing cat, or is the standard ferrari cat free flowing enough????

Quite a few of the systems i sell come with high flow metallic cats. These will be higher flow than the oem units. Check what is available on my site, and if it's not there let me know what you want.

I can also supply a selection of brands of test pipe which replace the cat with plain pipe which is great for track use...
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

• Soap Dodger

Not really. They tend to be less likely to have overheating problems in some of the Ferraris.

well, you need to define "noticable". A header set like mine, or the tubi ones are pretty good too, is worth around ~15-20 bhp (on top of cat removal gains of ~10-15 bhp). Way too expensive for what they gain, but the question was "is it noticable", the answer is yes.

I'd not bother with headers unless you're racing, or actually need to buy some for other reason (non repairable failure).

Even when the std ones fail, they can be repaired permanently and to a higher std than original, for much less than new cost.

Offline MikeG

A new set of Tubi headers costs withIn $500 Of what a workshop charges to fix cracked Ferrari headers. Hence it's borderline whether it's worth waiting around for the repair to be done...

As for power gains, there may be power gains, but whether they are noticeable and where in the rev range they provide increases or decreases in power it all depends on the cam grind, the header design, what the rest of the system is like and whether the ecu is tuned for the headers.

If asked if there are gains, my answer is sometimes. But as for whether they are Noticable, I guess you'd want to have a highly tuned seat of the pants Dyno and be intimately used to the performance of the cars engine.

You make a valid point, but I would suggest that the choice of aftermarket header is a difficult one.

Has anyone cone across a side by side test of Ferrari OEM and aftermarket headers?

M

Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

• Soap Dodger

A new set of Tubi headers costs withIn $500 Of what a workshop charges to fix cracked Ferrari headers. Hence it's borderline whether it's worth waiting around for the repair to be done...

As for power gains, there may be power gains, but whether they are noticeable and where in the rev range they provide increases or decreases in power it all depends on the cam grind, the header design, what the rest of the system is like and whether the ecu is tuned for the headers.

If asked if there are gains, my answer is sometimes. But as for whether they are Noticable, I guess you'd want to have a highly tuned seat of the pants Dyno and be intimately used to the performance of the cars engine.

You make a valid point, but I would suggest that the choice of aftermarket header is a difficult one.

Has anyone cone across a side by side test of Ferrari OEM and aftermarket headers?

M

what's your price for tubi 360 headers then?

I fix the std headers to better than new for around $1500, and it takes about 5 hours to remove them both, then refit after... are you saying you can supply a pair of Tubi headers for ~$2k?

I thought tubi headers were around $4k (I last bought some in 2003), plus install... making it more like double.

The tubi headers, and/or my own, are a bolt-on-no-changes-feel-it-in-your-pants job. But it IS only ~15-20 bhp, so you need to be driving at a rate that uses it. if you potter around the cafe strip, you'll never feel it. The cam grind and ecu flashing is not needed. YES there are further gains to be had there, but they are not dependant on each other in isolation. The 360 self tunes and self learns, it will adjust mixtures itself, within pre set limits, and those limits are well capable of adjusting for a different header design.

I've had over 20 360's on dyno's over the years, with all kinds or permutations of exhaust system, including comparing std systems to varying stages of modified system, but I don't publish my results as the tests are rarely truly comparable and it's easy to make mistakes and make bigger claims than are real.

the datalogger doesn't make mistakes though, and nor does the stopwatch.

Offline MikeG

Good price. Most guys I've spoken to obviously don't want the work...

Yeah, Tubi manifolds are around the $6k mark at the moment...

Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925