Offline Frenchy

Don't make the mistake I made. Like you I went "Tubi" and I ended up being really un-happy with the end result. In addition, Tubi products are very well known to not "age" very well...

If I were you my first choice would be Capristo. My second would be Kreissieg... Definitely no Tubi!

http://www.capristoexhaust.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=36&Itemid=89&TreeId=9

Now it's your money...

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of a TUBI stage 1 for my 360 Spider. What are the general thoughts? I don't want it insanely loud and still want to drive the car around town without my ears buzzing.
If so where is the best place to get a Tubi?

Cheers, Nick

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
You may well be right, I have no personal experience, but that checklist is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while, and if people are stupid enough to decide based on that then so be it.

This is a joke, right? :doh:

Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: E93 BMW M3
  • Name: Mike Glew
Sounds like Capristo marketing material.  I've seen a lot of the Tubi stuff, and the welding quality is brilliant...

If someone wanted to do this, surely a mark out of 5 or 10 would be more accurate...  And stuff like sound quality is majorly subjective...  based on personal choice and what vehicle the exhaust is for.  E.g. I like the Ksg sound for the Gallardo, but I'm ho hum about the Ferrari sound they offer...  But that's my personal preference.

This is a broad brushstrokes overview of the results of this detailed test:

http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/shop/ExhaustsAwardsTest2010.pdf
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline MikeG

Just noting that Best Exhaust also sells Capristo, so if you're a Capristo fan like Frenchy here, you can save a packet by buying from us.

In fact let's have an extra 5% discount for the first 3 orders to quote voucher code CAPRISTO5 with online orders.  Offer expires at the end of November...
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I wanna buy another car just so I can buy another Exhaust from you.    :p

FWIW, I don't think I have heard a Tubi that didn't sound Awesome.......   

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

Ive heard some shocking sounding Tubis that sounded like straight thru's, just like gases being forced thru a pipe, no real note.  I love the sound of the Capristo's I've heard, so far not a bad sounding Capristo..

Offline Frenchy

Here you go Mike... :-)

That's the way to do it. Most definitely Kudos to you for what you do...

Mike, being a connoisseur and all, just tell me, in all honesty, if you had to choose either a CAPRISTO or a Tubi... which one would you get... and why...

My humble opinion does not really count, but I do value your input.

Frenchy

Just noting that Best Exhaust also sells Capristo, so if you're a Capristo fan like Frenchy here, you can save a packet by buying from us.

In fact let's have an extra 5% discount for the first 3 orders to quote voucher code CAPRISTO5 with online orders.  Offer expires at the end of November...

Offline MikeG

I'd probably choose the Capristo valve system mainly as I like the idea of being able to shut the thing up when I want to.  In fact I had hoped that Capristo would have considered doing a system for the Audi S4 V8 but alas they only do the S5.

That's my 2c worth.

The brands I sell are the best money can buy, so I would be hesitant to say that any of the brands are significantly better than one another. There are differences though...

M
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I wanna buy another car just so I can buy another Exhaust from you.    :p

Im getting anew one today so buy one of my old ones and put a new exhaust on it and if I like it, I'll buy it back. Or you could lease one of my cars, put an exhaust on it and then hand it back to me at the end of the lease? Anyway, we can work this out.  :D
Always Gunna

Offline Frenchy

In fact I had hoped that Capristo would have considered doing a system for the Audi S4 V8 but alas they only do the S5.

Hey Mike, according to CAPRISTO, they do valved exhaust for the S4 V8:
http://www.capristoexhaust.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=11&Itemid=89&TreeId=34

In regards of your other comments, I guess you are right. One exhaust brand may fit perfectly to someone and another one may simply like a different one for various reasons. Capristo's are expensive, and there is a reason why... When I got mine, I hesitated between Kriessieg, Akrapovic  and Capristo. Kriessiegs and Akrapovic are really good as well, but at the end, I went with Capristo.

I also looked at Tubi and Fabspeed, which I think are a "good" alternative if you don't want to spend too much, but at the end of the day, and I think you would agree with me Mike, you are getting what you spent for... and after reading the polemic about Fabspeed manufacturing in China (while they advertise everywhere the were manufacturing in the US) I quickly disregarded them (so should you) as you can get similar products "Made In China" at 1/3 of Fabspeed prices.

In conclusion, you want an exhaust? Do your homework, take your time, and ask questions to guys like Mike. To my amazement, he is a non biased exhaust seller that will help surely help you to find what you need and based on what you want and your budget... (Mike... don't forget my commish... :-) - Like he said, he can get you what you need, but I still would advise my fellow forum reader who own a Ferrari to simply get a CAPRISTO and nothing else!

Cheers everyone!