Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
  Id be a bit peeved if I had to have an engine replaced under warranty, though (as someone Ive met did with his 599),

not ANOTHER case of being over filled with oil and mis-diagnosed  :doh: ( It's happened in Oz)

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
not ANOTHER case of being over filled with oil and mis-diagnosed  :doh: ( It's happened in Oz)

BTW, does that actually break anything, or is it just a matter of taking out the excess oil?  (I ask because I've seen it happen :?)

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I once had a radiator shop mistake the oil filler on a old Subaru for the radiator filler and filled my engine with coolant.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I once had a radiator shop mistake the oil filler on a old Subaru for the radiator filler and filled my engine with coolant.

OMG :doh:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hmmmm, that's interesting.

My Subaru service centre forgot to put the oil back in on one of the services. I did get a new engine after some headaches but sold the car soon after cos' it was no longer matching numbers.      ;)

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Hmmmm, that's interesting.

My Subaru service centre forgot to put the oil back in on one of the services. I did get a new engine after some headaches but sold the car soon after cos' it was no longer matching numbers.      ;)

:D

damn stories cars! :p

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Same Subie, different mechanic. Replaced the CV boots and regreased all but one. Exit one complete driveshaft. No longer had matching drive shafts so I to had to sell that car.  :doh:

• Soap Dodger

BTW, does that actually break anything, or is it just a matter of taking out the excess oil?  (I ask because I've seen it happen :?)

Depends on the level of over fill....

A little too much will just cause some smoke, and may need nothing other than an Italian tune up.

I big over fill will require an intake and breather system "purge" (strip/remove/flush etc etc).

A catastrophic over fill can hydraulic lock the engine and bend con rods etc etc...

The 599 I'm aware of was in and out a gazzilion times for warranty claims, which in the end were all down to over filling with oil.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Have you even verified the engine number on your cars?

What if you found the engine number was from the NEXT or PRIOR car in production line, and they somehow got swapped at installation (this happens MUCH more than you realise)

If I found out my Getz had the wrong engine number I'd be FURIOUS, mildy curious..... but would it make the value any different? :scratchchin:

Nup, Getz still worth shitall  :D
C'mon, do it!

• Soap Dodger

Nup, Getz still worth shitall  :D

ah cool, so a bill for the value of the Getz to fix up THAT car will be considered "shitall" then....  :D