Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
ah cool, so a bill for the value of the Getz to fix up THAT car will be considered "shitall" then....  :D

As long as it's my Getz valuation then we're all good.   :thumbsup:
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

NQR Roman

There's more to this story than is publicly known. I know a little of it, that I heard from the guy that feeds the horse, if not the horse itself, but not enough to comment much further... suffice to say, don't believe what you hear/read on the internet.

I think we're now on the same page.

Like you, I won't be commenting further.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I think we're now on the same page.

Like you, I won't be commenting further.

Probably best, being a lawyer and all  :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Thank GOD he can no longer afford a 250GTO... he's a philistine.

:doh:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/chris-evans-buys-12m-ferrari-gto-2010-05-14

Evans buys £12m GTO

You bastard. Chris Evans, Radio 2 DJ and Friend of TopGear, has bought himself a 1963 Ferrari 250GTO... for £12,000,000.

One of only 36 250 GTOs ever built - and one of the very few featuring Series II GTO bodywork - Evans's new purchase has a stellar racing heritage and has been described as the ‘Leonardo da Vinci of motoring'. No, it doesn't paint rather nicely or devise complex mechanical inventions way ahead of their time, but it is bloody gorgeous.

Under that sleek, curvaceous bonnet is a 3.0-litre V12 developing 302bhp. In its prime, the GTO would crack 62mph in six seconds and run all the way to 174mph.

Evans is a voracious Ferrari collector, and boasts a garage including a 275 GTB, 288 GTO, F40 and an Enzo - and, of course, the 250 California Spider SWB for which he paid £5.5m in 2008.

To make space on his driveway for the 250 GTO, Evans last month sold a 250 GT LWB California Spyder and 250GT SWB Berlinetta for a combined figure of £4m.

Evans almost bought a 250 GTO 15 years ago, but backed out of the purchase. "Will there ever be a day when there is a GTO in the Evans garage?" he asked at the time. "The Ferrari 250 GTO is, without a doubt, the most sought after car in the world."

And last summer, when TopGear joined Evans and his Ferrari collection on a Children In Need charity run, he told us: "I want to earn enough money to get a 250 GTO. It'll never happen, they're making £16m these days. How the hell am I going to manage that?"

You tell us, sir. We'll try and get some more from Chris as soon as possible, but for now, just look at that car. A snip at £12m, no?

Offline hydie

Offline hydie

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village