Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
I'm (maybe) about to purchase a 360 in Sydney - needs to pass PPI first.

It's paint work is very good and I'm planning on doing a fair amount of open road driving on weekends and I'm a bit worried about adding to the very few stone chips that are on the car at present.

I've notice a few cars with the clear adhesive plastic protection on including Ferraris.

If you have had any experience with this, can you please give me some advice on:
(a) How much
(b) Does it work
(c) Can you get it off without paint damage
(d) Anywhere in Sydney (close to CBD  Piccolos) that you can recommend

Cheers
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

(a) How much
(b) Does it work
(c) Can you get it off without paint damage
(d) Anywhere in Sydney (close to CBD  Piccolos) that you can recommend

Cheers

a. Depends on how big and how custom the bra is. I've paid as much as
$1500 for a custom kit (Porsche and Lambo) but it covered the whole bonnet and front guards.

b. Yes

c. Yes

d. Someone else can answer this one.  I've heard OziCozi are good.

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari

Thanks - I taking it to OzziCozzi, $795 (front bonnet, mirrors, guards & lights) will let you know how it goes. They were recomended to me as the best - hope so.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thanks - I taking it to OzziCozzi, $795 (front bonnet, mirrors, guards & lights) will let you know how it goes. They were recomended to me as the best - hope so.

Is that a full or partial bra?  The standard kit only goes half way up the bonnet and guards.  I take it your price also includes the bumper.

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Car Bras are good but the paint needs to be spotless before applying it otherwise you will cause more scratches !

It's worth spending extra for a good quality one .

One of my clients used a car bra for his 355 GTS and made a real mess of the front because he didn't clean the car properly  :thumbsdown: :doh:

Hence , paint correction was necessary to fix those surface scratches on the paint so the whole car had to be re polished again !

Even if the car has little dust this will scratch the shit out of the paint , it acts like sandpaper  :waah:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Car Bras are good but the paint needs to be spotless before applying it otherwise you will cause more scratches !

Mario - this stuff is a clear film that goes over the paint, which you can't see unless up close and personal.

I'm having the Esprit done this week - full bonnet, guards, nose, side skirts, mirrors, under the rear bumper and lights(I think thats it). 

Offline Mario

Whoops  :doh: I thought it was one of those material one's John .

These car bras are OK but then eventually lose there clarity because of the UV and become yellowed !

At least you get the protection from the stone chips !

I am playing around with a Nanocoat which is applied to the paint it's invisible it last three years it's UV won't effect it , it's abrasion , scratch resistant , and will withstand the Australian harsh climate condition.

My Carbon Black Merc Van has got it in the front bonnet and two side fenders , as far as i can see dirt won't stick to it , and water just runs off without leaving dirt !

I will write a full write up soon about this revolutionary product soon once i do further testing .

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

How is the cleaning of bugs etc off the clear film as opposed to the normal paint finish?

Offline Mario

How is the cleaning of bugs etc off the clear film as opposed to the normal paint finish?

I still think the bugs and dirt will stick to this clear film ! With the Nano Coat this won't happen !

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Whoops  :doh: I thought it was one of those material one's John .

These car bras are OK but then eventually lose there clarity because of the UV and become yellowed !

At least you get the protection from the stone chips !

I am playing around with a Nanocoat which is applied to the paint it's invisible it last three years it's UV won't effect it , it's abrasion , scratch resistant , and will withstand the Australian harsh climate condition.

My Carbon Black Merc Van has got it in the front bonnet and two side fenders , as far as i can see dirt won't stick to it , and water just runs off without leaving dirt !

I will write a full write up soon about this revolutionary product soon once i do further testing .

Please keep us informed on progress wth this nanocoat you're testing.   :thumbsup: