Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
^Only me.^

Congrats with the sale Allen, onto the the next stupid thing........any hints? ;)

sorry mate
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline vegas

Bwahahahahaha. Appreciation. That word must mean something different in the UK. Here it means making more money than you spent, which seems pretty hard to do with cars in the current environment.

I've made a small fortune out of Ferrari's

.. though I did start with a big fortune :) (The price of love!)

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Well I have to say this has become an interesting thread.

I started out seriously looking at 360's but really wanted a 430 but just could not come to grips with spending that much dosh on a car. Or to be more precise, on a Sunday toy. This is mid last year and everyone in 430 land was asking $275,000. I remember a red/tan 430 coupe with low klm went through the Sydney auctions at $255k and I think that was one of those "re-set" events that lowered prices in the market.

Just off topic.... just to prove how much I like wasting money I thought nothing of spending much more than this on a boat that seems to 1. Spend most of the time tied up at the marina 2. Chews up $100 notes like a racehorse.
B.O.A.T. = Break out another thousand.

:doh:

But back to the story:

So I have trolled around looking at 360's. I liked that Manual 360 (pre-nup...remember) on the Gold Coast but the guy was just so far out of the money, so it sat for about a year. Don't know the story, whether he sold it or not.

Now I like the look of the 360 as I think it is a beautiful car, in the same way an exotic woman can be beautiful. The 430 however is much more brash and "Californian" ...or is that Californication? I just love the look of the 430, and have decided that I will switch to the 430, unless a 360 comes up that is irresistible. I have switched into “buy-mode” so will start getting ruthless with a few of the sellers.

There are a few 430's for sale at present that look good, but the owners are out of the market if they want to sell. The market will condition them with time. Of course if you have been around a while, and done lots of deals in lots of things, you will know that sometimes you can just get lucky. I knew someone many years back that was selling their house. They had a big price on it and a guy came in and said yes, and paid full price. The purchaser had won a few million on Lotto and was feeling generous. But hope aint a strategy for most of us.

:waah:

Another good point is that you know the Ferrari Dealers won’t offer as much as you can. So unless they are into buying a new Ferrari, they have to deal with the re-sale market sooner or later.

And Rick ..... here's my take on price and value. And I won’t tell you to Faaaark off.

:thumbsup:   :D

2004 360 Coupe 
Rosso Corso Red with Tan or black interior F1 shift
Aussie delivery. Full documented service history.
Below 15,000 km
No ding or upholstery marks.
Non smoker
In other words 100% perfect.
$165 - 180K
Plus stamp duty and transfer

Black/Silver or Grey about $7 - 10k off
Manual ...about another $10k off.

Now I like manual cars but if you want to minimise your depreciation buy F1 shifts. It's what most people want.

2007 or 2008 F430

Rosso Corso Red with Tan or black interior (red stitching on black looks hot)
F1 shift
Full documented service history.
Below 12,000 km
No ding or upholstery marks.
Non smoker
In other words 100% perfect.
$230-245k
Plus stamp duty and transfer

The other reds don't look as good.
All the overpriced options don't add much at all to the re-sale price.

No matter how much or how little you pay now, you will get reamed and belted when you go to sell it. I am also confused about the statement about “low volume” imports. When does low volume click over to high volume. Anyone got any input on this?

And just to make my life complicated.  I have a very steep driveway and have designed a set of removable Aluminium ramps to go across the bottom, just so the thing can get  up the drive without scraping its arse off. As Allan says… the price of love.

And FF … a classic! I remember driving a 246 many years ago, and it was terrible. I like the 550 but that ugly front on them puts me off. The modern classic - the 599 is stunning but out of my league for now….but maybe my next Ferrari in 2 or 3 years.

So there’s my take. I stand ready to be challenged.

:p

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
One other thing effecting the price of 360s is the amount of excellent late model 911's and a growing variety of exotics for sale.

A lot of people in the market for a 360 would be first time exotic owners. They would have to weigh up what theyre getting for their money in a 360 including maintenance and many would be getting swayed towards a later model 911 which is more usable as a daily or some of the other equivalent priced exotics. Plenty of nice Astons and Jags out there now that look like new cars for around the 100k mark

That said the GFC is effecting everyone. We are far from the end of it. Every bank is dumping staff, business is still very slow and there is a lot of fear out there.
Yahoo 7 had a survey on its news page asking do you feel that you have job security? Sixty nine percent of people said no. That kind of thinking will always slow down the economy and the sales of expensive toys.

Offline vegas

I bought a 360, as I prefer the look of the 360’s – a bit more classical and smooth (subjective opinion of course) and the 430’s were likely (as they did, a bit) to drop a few $$ in the months following the release of the 458.

But, I think, if you can afford a 430, you should get one, they are a better car – no doubt about it, though, in my opinion [and you can tell me to f*&^  off :) ]  they will depreciate quicker from this point than the 360’s. Naturally, they’ll always be priced well above the 360.

Depending on how many 430’s are for sale and how far they correct in the market over the next 2 years or so, - will dictate how this impacts on the 360 market, though the 360’s are about as low as they will for a while.

Of course if people are motivated to sell, there will always be bargains, and with a bit of negotiation, you should be able to wipe at least 10K of most prices straight up regardless of the model.

Hurry up and buy something so we can perv at your pics.

Offline Rickjames

All great points so far,
Still unconvinced a clean 360 is worth $170k, there are spiders of the same quality (going off the ads) that have been on the market for a long (long long) time for around the same price, I'd guess either there is something wrong with them upon inspection or they are priced to high. Would it be a fair guess to say a spider is worth 15-20k more than a comparable coupe?

Also it seems there ain't many coupes around of that quality and with such low k's. As far as I can see there is only one that matches this threads standard, '04, 18k's, red/black $179K. I think it's fairly new to market, maybe a month or two, be curious to see how it goes.

I have a very steep driveway and have designed a set of removable Aluminium ramps to go across the bottom, just so the thing can get  up the drive without scraping its arse off. As Allan says… the price of love.

Been there, done that! There should be Ferrari clearance standards for all driveways  ;)

And I won’t tell you to Faaaark off.

Aaww, shucks!!  :drink:   

:D :D

Either way, best of luck with your 360 hunt, they are simply awesome!  :headbang:

Offline 355Aussie

If you can afford a 430 go for it!!!

Much better car than the 360 by a mile. You can really bargain down prices now on 430's and 360's. I managed to knock off $37K on my recent purchase and this was from a dealer so they will move on them especially if they have been on the market for a while.

So I really think you should go for a 430. With 30 on the market to choose from you should be able to hit them for min $30K reduction.

A friend of mine also grabbed a bargain the other week and was able to get a 430 spider from $275 down to $250 so they will move on price.

Love my 430 with black interior and red sticthcing!!!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
If you can afford a 430 go for it!!!

Much better car than the 360 by a mile. You can really bargain down prices now on 430's and 360's. I managed to knock off $37K on my recent purchase and this was from a dealer so they will move on them especially if they have been on the market for a while.

So I really think you should go for a 430. With 30 on the market to choose from you should be able to hit them for min $30K reduction.

A friend of mine also grabbed a bargain the other week and was able to get a 430 spider from $275 down to $250 so they will move on price.

Hey! Long time no speak mate. Congratulations on the 430 - magnificent!    :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline Joel

Hey! Long time no speak mate. Congratulations on the 430 - magnificent!    :)

Congrats to you Al on moving the Ferrari I know you had some tire kickers!!

Offline vegas

Don't just tease us show us your pics - sounds like you did well.