Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Why is it that the spiders go for more than the tin tops?

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
 I have often wondered that too.
I prefer the coupe, I've had conversatbles and they are nice a few times a year, but after that, most have their lids on, to avoid hot sun, noise and fumes. Also, if you are a performance driver, coupes' are generally lighter, and more rigid - not that I would notice. Having said that, I think the 360 spider is one of the best looking cars (with the top down) that I have ever seen. I almost bought Ray Martin's old 2002 Yellow Spider - it was a beautiful bit of gear.

Regardless a red spider red with tan interior seems to hold the best resale - particularly with the F-dealers.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
If you can afford a 430 go for it!!!

Love my 430 with black interior and red sticthcing!!!

Grrrrrrrr....... was tempted to say ˙ou lucky bastard, but luck usually has nothing to do with it. Usually it is just plain good old hard work

:D

Offline TEZZA

One other thing effecting the price of 360s is the amount of excellent late model 911's and a growing variety of exotics for sale.

A lot of people in the market for a 360 would be first time exotic owners. They would have to weigh up what theyre getting for their money in a 360 including maintenance and many would be getting swayed towards a later model 911 which is more usable as a daily or some of the other equivalent priced exotics. Plenty of nice Astons and Jags out there now that look like new cars for around the 100k mark

Interesting point of view that I have not considered. I have wanted a Ferrari for years but would not "waste" the money. Yes I have looked at Porsche and love them, but they are just sooooo functional. Same with a DB9, but the Aston is very sexy. I have checked over a Gallardo (Gayarrrrrdo) and think they are a wild thing - but I come back to that word "Ferrari".

Offline TEZZA

I have often wondered that too.
I prefer the coupe, I've had conversatbles and they are nice a few times a year, but after that, most have their lids on, to avoid hot sun, noise and fumes. Also, if you are a performance driver, coupes' are generally lighter, and more rigid - not that I would notice. Having said that, I think the 360 spider is one of the best looking cars (with the top down) that I have ever seen. I almost bought Ray Martin's old 2002 Yellow Spider - it was a beautiful bit of gear.

Regardless a red spider red with tan interior seems to hold the best resale - particularly with the F-dealers.

As they say in the Navy, I concur. I owned soft tops in the past and they are just a pain in the arse.
I live in Queensland, and why anyone would want to sit out in the sun up here beats me. All the Boguns throw shit at you as well. And if you think a soft top wins the women, think again. They prefer clean, quiet and air-conditioned.

Offline TEZZA

Hey 355 ... Did you buy the red F430 that Brisbane Ferrari had?
Was spotless.... i think about 8000 km.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I haven't read more than the first page of this thread as the first few numbers comming up are complete crap, obviously not everyone contributing in the thread have bought or sold a 360 or 430 lately.

The op is looking for basically a really good car, something close to concourse but not a concorse winner.

A 360 with the specs listed on the first page is around the $150k actual sale price + onroads transfers etc.. I would post it up for sale at $169k and see if there are any nibbles there, anything over $150k sale is a bonus. For a really great car that is unfaultable I have seen them get actual sale price of the $170's if extremely lucky but for that money most would opt for the same spec/condition car in a spider. A red/creme 2004 modena import sold 3 weeks ago in NSW at a dealer for $150k + ON Roads.

$100-$110k estimate is bullshit, Uber couldn't sell his high milage import in an undesired colour and not hiding the fact that it has seen the track on a number of occasions and a car that is far from factory. I'm not saying his car wasn't bad, mechanically it was probably one ofthe best, but his didn't sell at the cheapest price for months because it is not desired by most buyers. What the OP is describing is a car that is desired by nearly all ferrari owners and potential owners and it can not be faulted at all.   

The imports sure have had a negative effect on the local market, but when you are talking about 100% or close to like the OP is describing, they are getting a hell of a lot more than the average import on carsales. Some of them don't even make it onto carsales in the first place as generally a dealer already has the car sold before it enters the lot.   

I sold my 2002 F1 spider a while back now and it was pushing $200k + On roads (15 000km, perfect car, unfaultable in every way except for the age, if it was a 2004/2005 who knows how much it would have hit?  More recent (last few months) I sold my 05 black import 360 spider for a touch under $190k + on roads  (12 000km) and that was faultless as well except it was an import.   Lucky twice???? I think not. Perfect cars get big money and still do today. People have their own version of what a perfect conditioned car is. The fact is Most people have no idea what a perfect condition car actually is.

Another Sydney dealer sold a black/black 2008 430 coupe (again low milage, every option ticked, Aus delivered)  in very good condition (not great condition) for $260-$270k Unsure if driveaway price or not. So the crazy low $200k prices being thrown around is a little off par. Even at a recent Pickles auction in Sydney a completely thrashed high milage 2005, F1, no history Australian delivered with a very worn interior and exterior got $186k + buyers fee + Transfers rego etc (A little over $200k).

If someone is super desperate you may get a bargain, but generally speaking even average 2008 430 coups are around the +$230k mark. Let alone a decent car.  If 2005 Auction prices are still at the $200k mark (after fees) in shit condition and in a 2005 model, you can only go up from that price for the near future.

Also I see no benefit of buying the car directly from the person selling or from the dealer. I look purely at the condition of the car, I couldn't give a crap if I was looking into the sellers eyes or not. I have only owned perfect or near perfect cars, and I have never sold privately anything that most people would love to joy ride. It is just too time consuming, and seriously who wants to spend time talking to a million dreamers before you get to the one guy who is actually serious about buying.

IMO F430 is a much better car, but is also a much much more expensive car to buy and maintain. 360 will always put a smile on your face and if you have to make the choice between the two, then you really should go for the 360, otherwise money isn't a problem and you wouldn't even consider a 360. Maintenance wise 360's are a piece of cake and parts are in line with the average German car parts prices. If you can afford to maintain a Merc you'll have no problem with a decnt 360.   $30 I haven't had any experience with maintenance yet, haven't taken mine for it's first service yet, and haven't had to buy parts for it yet, but with a quick search of online parts suppliers they are more than the 360's.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline 355Aussie

Hey 355 ... Did you buy the red F430 that Brisbane Ferrari had?
Was spotless.... i think about 8000 km.

No mine came from Zagames in Melbourne. I was going to buy one from the Sydney dealer BUT they didn't want to sell me one or thought I wasn't serious so Zagames happily sold me one a week later. The one I was going to buy in Sydney is still for sale 6 months later so they lose again.

I will try and post up some pics. Tried last night but didn't work.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

As they say in the Navy, I concur. I owned soft tops in the past and they are just a pain in the arse.
I live in Queensland, and why anyone would want to sit out in the sun up here beats me. All the Boguns throw shit at you as well. And if you think a soft top wins the women, think again. They prefer clean, quiet and air-conditioned.

It even happens to us Bogans - some dirty Yuppie chucked chips at us once in the soft top Stang!!!! I was like WTF?!?!?!?

I prefer my women dirty, loud and very hot, wet..........I'll leave it there.........

Offline adam01

I prefer my women dirty, loud and very hot, wet..........I'll leave it there.........

just to make sure everyone is clear on this