Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
Wattens' assessment agree +1
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Wattens' assessment agree +1

Imports have dragged that price down to $150k.  Cars of that quality should still be 170-180k..

Its amazing that red an black cars mean so much in value to Ferrari buyers... Is yellow the next most valued colour? Its the colour that I'm looking at buying next.

I dont have a problem with imports but they sure cut into car values. You know what annoys me most?
That we are paying the massive taxes that drive the prices up on Australian delivered cars and make the overseas cars
worth importing.

In the end though theyre just expensive toys and we're lucky that we live like we do. We could be living in third world situations and be chatting on a Gemini owners forum.  :p

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari

OFF TOPIC (sorry) - but same absurd tax princaple  - Pakastan had huge floods in late 2010 - Aust sent $5m in aid for assist. We have floods in Qld and NSW and now there's a flood tax to pay for it? Of course nothing back to assist us from the Pakii's either. 

I can't blame those that do buy imported cars - if are are good quality and cheaper. Regardless, I agee 2nd hand car imports should not be a viable comodity against Aust ones - this affect jobs, the market and the car industry itself.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I recon used imports like this create more jobs and gives more incentive for people to spend, although it is a double edged sword. Especially when it comes to most of the imports that arn't well maintained that end up living most of their lives in workshops in Autsralia trying to get repaired lol.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
No mine came from Zagames in Melbourne. I was going to buy one from the Sydney dealer BUT they didn't want to sell me one or thought I wasn't serious so Zagames happily sold me one a week later. The one I was going to buy in Sydney is still for sale 6 months later so they lose again.

Yeah a guy I know here in Brisbane went in about 10 years ago to buy a new SAAB. Now this guys skin is not as white as mine and the salesman treated him like shit on a stick. So he went to the Gold Coast and did the SAAB deal there. He had the Gold Coast salesman ring up the Brisbane guy and tell him the deal he had done. Moral of the story ..... don't get mad, get even!

Offline TEZZA

just to make sure everyone is clear on this

Mondi....are you sure Adam01 is not stalking you?

:scared:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Bwahahahahaha. Appreciation. That word must mean something different in the UK. Here it means making more money than you spent, which seems pretty hard to do with cars in the current environment. From the recent cars I sold off, the Lotus Sport 350 lost me the least, and it went to a die-hard Lotus fanatic who had some idea of it's value.

Writing off maintenance on cars is a massive red flag to the ATO. These things are toys, why risk your business on having nice toys?

The Uber 'fast' cars have been very much a part of our business in terms of client care and relationship building. I've shared a few beers with you FF on a car related day out and I think both of our customers loved it!

That being said ...the market has changed. A lot of our big customers have had tough years, have laid off staff and are still struggling to hit targets. As soon as we had customers not wanting to borrow a fast car, we dumped some of the cars. As cool as they were, they have to 'contribute'.

There are more toys coming, but they will all be more 'sharing focussed' either much bigger lifestyle cars that 4-5 people can come to an event in (cruisy rather than speedy) or things that float. Maybe  :)

:shrug:

the Miura I went to the US to buy, at an ask of $475 US, is now worth around $675 US....

So his 3000 miles have earned him about $180k so far.

Offline TEZZA

The op is looking for basically a really good car, something close to concourse but not a concorse winner.

Wattens .... Pretty fair assesment. I figure you will spend less money and have less heartache buying a pristine Ferrari (any model) and keeping it that way, than you will buying a bargain and bringing it up to scratch. Unless you can do 90% of the work yourself, and have the time etc etc.

I am looking in the usual places, and yes I see lots of 360's for sale but nothing in a Red Coupe that pulls my chain. I would not buy an import as I see that as a hurdle when you want to sell down the track.

If I cannot do a deal on a 430 at what I think a reasonable price then I would buy a 360 (pristine) as long as the $$$ was right. Both are great cars.

Offline 355Aussie

Yeah a guy I know here in Brisbane went in about 10 years ago to buy a new SAAB. Now this guys skin is not as white as mine and the salesman treated him like shit on a stick. So he went to the Gold Coast and did the SAAB deal there. He had the Gold Coast salesman ring up the Brisbane guy and tell him the deal he had done. Moral of the story ..... don't get mad, get even!

Well it was funny becuase the car got shipped to Sydney and the person that handed over the keys to me was the initial salesman so I was laughing all the way that day. It was gold!!

Offline MrMerc

This is my first post been reading awhile on these forums got a question regards the 360 looking to buy one a uk import the price is 115k red in colour providing PPI is all excellent is it worth it? it is a spider 2002 yr