Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

It's a buyers market, and once you decide to sell, well the love is gone.

I sold my 360 over the weekend. Was an import, but in very good nick, fully serviced and had all the additional carbon goodies. 90K is what they actually sell for on this basis. Aussie delivered cars are selling not much over 100K, otherwise they are just sitting around.

Imports are part of the reason the prices drop, the other is that these are still very expensive to service and keep reliable.

Meh, we buy these things for a bit of show and a lot of love - it's silly to expect they are not going to drop in value like anything else that is such a non-essential purchase.

Now, onto the next stupid thing to waste money on  :)

Buy a classic instead, then the appreciation pays for much of the maintenance, but in the meantime the maintenance is tax deductable if you set it up that way....

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The imports have stuffed the credibility of the 360, too many thrashed and pimped ones around.

No reason to think the 430 won't go the same way in time.

I've noticed a few Masa Grand Sport imports around now too, so it might be catching.

Offline Rickjames

On Rick's specifics at the start of the thread:
.........(If you think this is too much and you don't own one, you are a dreamer and haven't researched the market - F*&^ off).

Hope I haven't offended anyone

^Only me.^

Congrats with the sale Allen, onto the the next stupid thing........any hints? ;)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

The imports have stuffed the credibility of the 360, too many thrashed and pimped ones around.

No reason to think the 430 won't go the same way in time.

I've noticed a few Masa Grand Sport imports around now too, so it might be catching.

No, 430s can not be imported. Only low volume cars get RAWS permission.

Personal import excepted.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Only low volume cars get RAWS permission.

360 is a low volume car and 430 isn't ???

What do you mean by low volume ?

Offline 355Aussie

Here is my 2c worth.

I have owned a 355 and now own a F430. I skipped the 360 model because I really wanted the F430 and what a great decision it was.

If you want a first ferrari and do not want to spend over 200K for a F430 then you would buy a 360 import. Because they are in the low $100's you should be able to pick up a really good one. There are 70 for sale so good choice available.

Of course you are going to get a lower resale value but if that doesn't worry you then it doesn't matter. You will enjoy the 360 and get many hours of pleasure regardless of it being an import.

If you want an Aussie delivered car then I wouldn't go for a 360 but would up the ante to a F430.

At any rate get a 360 with good UK service history and continue here and that should help the sale in the future.

Goodluck!

Offline Rickjames

I'll re-submit my numbers now I've thought about it a bit more and taken the K's, aussie deliv and condition into account  ;)

360- $130k
430- $235k

Tezza, you started this tread. What do you think they are worth?

Offline dkabab

if there are 70 odd for sale, there must be what, 3-400+ in the country? how many people are there who are looking for one, or who want them. if you can comfortably afford this sort of car, you can probably afford an f430, 550/575, gallardo etc...

the people who cant comfortably afford a 360, are hanging for the price to drop further.

as a result, if there are 70 cars for sale and have been for some time, I'm guessing they are all at the wrong price.

Offline 355Aussie

if there are 70 odd for sale, there must be what, 3-400+ in the country? how many people are there who are looking for one, or who want them. if you can comfortably afford this sort of car, you can probably afford an f430, 550/575, gallardo etc...

the people who cant comfortably afford a 360, are hanging for the price to drop further.

as a result, if there are 70 cars for sale and have been for some time, I'm guessing they are all at the wrong price.

There are many theories here on the 360.

1. People buying an import keep it for a couple of months then reckon they can sell it and make a profit = wrong
2. People buying them can afford them at the early $100's but really do not know anything in regards to maintenance costs etc then realise it may not be a cheap car to maintain hence sell it.
3. The right price for an import is early $100's and an aussie delivered should be in the mid to late $100's.
4. The price may drop to the $90's but doubt it will go any lower at this stage.
5. If they could afford the F430 then they would buy it but reality is they can't. They can only afford the 360. Another 100K on top is a lot for most buyers.

This is what I think.

The latest example I have supporting the above was on the weekend when someone imported a Gallardo for early $100's and was complaining about the cost for 2 rear tyres at $600 each.

Geeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................................

Your kidding me!!!!!

He may as well put on a set of Zeetak or similar to save himself some money. Hope he doesn't have to do a clutch anytime soon. LOL!!!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Buy a classic instead, then the appreciation pays for much of the maintenance, but in the meantime the maintenance is tax deductable if you set it up that way....

Bwahahahahaha. Appreciation. That word must mean something different in the UK. Here it means making more money than you spent, which seems pretty hard to do with cars in the current environment. From the recent cars I sold off, the Lotus Sport 350 lost me the least, and it went to a die-hard Lotus fanatic who had some idea of it's value.

Writing off maintenance on cars is a massive red flag to the ATO. These things are toys, why risk your business on having nice toys?

The Uber 'fast' cars have been very much a part of our business in terms of client care and relationship building. I've shared a few beers with you FF on a car related day out and I think both of our customers loved it!

That being said ...the market has changed. A lot of our big customers have had tough years, have laid off staff and are still struggling to hit targets. As soon as we had customers not wanting to borrow a fast car, we dumped some of the cars. As cool as they were, they have to 'contribute'.

There are more toys coming, but they will all be more 'sharing focussed' either much bigger lifestyle cars that 4-5 people can come to an event in (cruisy rather than speedy) or things that float. Maybe  :)
C'mon, do it!