Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Well for those of you who asked for a TCU, we have one on the shelf for $2480 Inc GST. Just call sal and make a booking...
Definately worth it!! I did it back when it cost more and it was still worth it then....clutch lasts longer and gear changes feel better!
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline ferrarista2

Ex img is louie
Booked car in with Lou who has opened up his own place now in Artarmon. Dickson st,....gotta get oil and filter done, as well as getting it lowered at the back and he is checking over a suspension issue. Will let you all know how I go....

Offline 355Aussie

Booked car in with Lou who has opened up his own place now in Artarmon. Dickson st,....gotta get oil and filter done, as well as getting it lowered at the back and he is checking over a suspension issue. Will let you all know how I go....

Not going to Vic???

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Not going to Vic???

If you mean the young guy who always tends to be sweeping the workshop floor or cleaning it with the automatic floor polisher  :doh:

He is a great guy and a compitent mechanic, but he lacks a lot of experience with these cars, he is still in the learning process.

Unless you mean Vic as in the one who is a late middle aged guy who is starting to loose his hair, never heard anything bad from him and I have had him work on the Maserati before when he was at Scuderia Servicio, happy with him but I rather someone who communicates to me better with what needs doing to the car before he starts work. That and i'd rather not give my money to IMG and I can understand why many people wouldn't want to. Even yesterday I found another unhappy IMG customer, seems like every day there is another person cursing the IMG company.

One of my family members cars is at LOu's place right now as well, then when that is done another car is going to him. When I come back home, LOU will be getting all my cars.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline ferrarista2

Not going to Vic???
Errr no....hence why I wrote that I am taking it to Lou. 

Got nothing against Vic at all, but he does not have last say on how much to charge, or how much time he has to spend on each car as they are rushing him (partly due to cars they are selling which need to be delivered, and partly because they have no passion for Ferraris and are looking at the $$$)

When Tony Graziani had Italia Motori, he would tell each machanic to take their time and to do the job properly, now that It has changed hands, how many satisfied customers do you see??

Lou has a little more passion, a little more knowledge and if there is a problem, you know you can approach him and chat about it.....

Offline ferrarista2

Unless you mean Vic as in the one who is a late middle aged guy who is starting to loose his hair, never heard anything bad from him and I have had him work on the Maserati before when he was at Scuderia Servicio, happy with him but I rather someone who communicates to me better with what needs doing to the car before he starts work.

You sure you are not talking about Michael??

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
You sure you are not talking about Michael??

YUp sorry that is Michael.

Well if he was refering to the young guy, I stick by what I said, he is an up and comming exotic mechanic, but he is still very much in the learning phase. A great guy to talk to, knows a lot about these cars but not everything and especially not when things out of the ordinary go wrong or for things more advance than changing a clutch or a service and using the diagnosing equipment.
He is a great guy, and will be a great exotics mechanic as he has a real passion and drive for these cars, but for now i'd rather him learn on someone elses cars. For instance now he is at IMG, he will quickly gain experience trying to get all of their imported cheap shit boxes in working order for sale.

I trust Lou more as I know he already knows his shit, is very reasonable and doesn't give me bullshit. A mechanic that invites you to his house for coffee, invites you out on his boat, shows you his personal race car projects and gives you his personal mobile number in my books is sure to be a keeper.   

Although Michael, Lou and Vic are all very decent mechanics, only shame that they have all split up and Vic just doesn't have all the experience under his belt yet in my opinion.

I'd like to see Vic start his own shop one day, more competition with seasoned mehanics can only mean better service and better prices for the consumers.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline 555

Lou's the best servicer to deal with in my personal opinion.  When it comes to my car, I don't like to be given BS or unclear information. I've tried a number of different places and I'm always left guessing what I'm really being told. Lou gives it to you simple and straight and is easy to contact. Sounds easy but its amazing how much BS I've been given from others.  Once you lose someone's trust, it's gone forever. That's why people always use the phrase "honest mechanic" - its important to people especially when it comes to the cars they love, it's not an accident that so many Masers, Ferraris and Lambos are left in his care.  No surprise big costs and no wasting money on things that don't need to be "fixed".  Don't have his address but its just a couple of doors down from the Thule roof rack place on the intersection with all the stop signs.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
So, the last remaining stalwart of Ferrari passione has left Zagame Ferrari.

Colourful Piero, passion personified, where to?

But at least as important.... Who will carry the torch at the dealer now? Who has how much experience, and will it matter?

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
So, the last remaining stalwart of Ferrari passione has left Zagame Ferrari.

Colourful Piero, passion personified, where to?

But at least as important.... Who will carry the torch at the dealer now? Who has how much experience, and will it matter?

That is a real shame.

I really like Piero and he was the only reason why I went there with the 599, as a matter of fact the car is there now with getting my updated warranty assessment.

BTW - Should I buy the Powertrain Warranty? It is $4,400 and covers h engine and gearbox only.

Back Piero, I heard he copped some grief over a fault in an e-diff on an f430.

You should try and get him on board!

May the Horse be with you....