Offline adam01

Yup That's the guy. So is he still there? I always heard good things from him but I never personally used him.

Not sure as i dont need to go up to Sydunnuy, but he was also recommended

The ex IMG, is that Michael C? if so second yr comment

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Not sure as i dont need to go up to Sydunnuy, but he was also recommended

The ex IMG, is that Michael C? if so second yr comment
Ex img is louie
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
No I think Michael might still be at Scuderia Servicio, and he is the main reason I still recommend SS,,,,, and basically where ever Louis goes a long line of Ferrari/Masserati owners will follow, and I don't blame them either.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Piccolo in Marickville was meant to be good but when I went there couple years ago he was just as expensive as the dealer. He closed about a year ago now I think????

Don;t know where his mechanics went.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Piccolo in Marickville was meant to be good but when I went there couple years ago he was just as expensive as the dealer. He closed about a year ago now I think????

Don;t know where his mechanics went.

Sal Dimauro is ex Piccola, he was dealer for a LONG time before that. Went back to dealer after Piccola err, closed....

Then started up "Racing Red" in Artarmon, in the Industrie HQ, where a main customer is.

Sal is awesome, a well established no BS guy, with all the gear and info, and I think 20 years of experience.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Now I am aware that pre mid 2003 F1 shifts in the 360 were a bit "difficult". They were clunky and difficult to get smooth.

I have been told that you can upgrade the shift controller or similar (or whatever that is) and it becomes the same as the last of the 360 F1 shifts which were as smooth as glass. Costs about $1,500 at a Ferrari Dealer.

Anyone know

1. Is that a fact that it can be done - and makes it lots better
2. Is it bullshine
3. Is it a Ferrari dealer thing only -or can other ferrari service outfits do it as well.
4. If someone has the details on what is invloved I would be keen to hear.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Now I am aware that pre mid 2003 F1 shifts in the 360 were a bit "difficult". They were clunky and difficult to get smooth.

I have been told that you can upgrade the shift controller or similar (or whatever that is) and it becomes the same as the last of the 360 F1 shifts which were as smooth as glass. Costs about $1,500 at a Ferrari Dealer.

Anyone know

2. Is it bullshine
3. Is it a Ferrari dealer thing only -or can other ferrari service outfits do it as well.

I put a 2003+ challenge TCU in mine. Made the shifts much better and stopped it from dropping into neutral then getting 'stuck' at the lights. 'Smooth as glass' though is bullshit, the shift is better, but it's by no mean smooth and works best with some revs on.

Bought from Ricambi USA for about $2500, local independent dropped it in and it didn't need anything else. Local dealer refused to play and said I'd need a new clutch if I even risked changing TCU. Idjits.
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Sal Dimauro is ex Piccola, he was dealer for a LONG time before that. Went back to dealer after Piccola err, closed....

Then started up "Racing Red" in Artarmon, in the Industrie HQ, where a main customer is.

Sal is awesome, a well established no BS guy, with all the gear and info, and I think 20 years of experience.

Sal is still there at Racing Red. He's about to poke around on the 456 for me.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Anyone know

2. Is it bullshine

Even the best 360 are clunky, awkward and robotic compared to a 430, but they are also ALL livable with, in varying degrees.

You just need an sd2 with relevant software to install it correctly, but some people report reasonable success just by plug and play.

But I dispute that, based on experience of knowing what "correct" is.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

FF

Yes like the claim "in good condition"

You go and look at it - and it looks like a cattle truck.

You say "you said it was in good condition" and they reply "it is in my opinion".

You look around for something to beat them with!